Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 3 of my kids hunted yesterday and we had a lot of fun. It started with my daughter Allie and son Dylan walking up on a small buck at our spot and us fumbling around trying to get a shot, but Allie missed, shooting over him. The 3 stooges would have been proud of our antics.

Will and my dad saw 2 bucks together, but they were too far to shoot. One if them was a nice buck. I text him to see if they'd had any action, he told me about the 2, then 5 minutes later texts and says he just dropped a deer in its tracks. He thought it was a spike.
Wildlife biologist Trophy hunting Deer hunting Hunting Deer

Will and GrandPa with ole spike horn

We went back that afternoon with the boys, Allie stayed at the house. We setup our blind in the same spot, just moved it over to cover the field better. Just before dark a doe and two yearlings crossed about 200 yards out. I just made mention to the boys and Gpa that it was almost too dark to shoot when I look out and see a deer coming toward the blind on a trot. I could tell he was a good buck and told Will to get ready quick. He gets his rifle up and the buck starts to walk again. I grunted to stop him and Will drops him with a 60 yard neck shot.
Deer hunting Reindeer Deer Hunting Trophy hunting

Will, Dylan, & GrandPa and The 9pt
17.5" inside spread.
I've got to sharpen a knife and call the taxidermist!

Attachments

·
Registered
30,666 Posts
I so much love reading these posts.

3 grandsons......and I doubt I ever get to hunt with 2 of them.........the 22 year old is coming to hunt with me Thanksgiving, a great week for me. But I never got to, or will get to, take the 'kids' hunting on the Youth Hunt. Enjoy it while you can!

Great deer btw!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.