Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 days off and only hunted once!! I don't mind a light rain but heavier rain washes away blood trails too fast, guess I will get up in the attic and pull down Christmas decorations for the wife.

·
Super Moderator
9,501 Posts
I know what you mean. Off Thursday through Sunday. Hunted Thursday and saw one fox and some turkeys. Couldn't talk the husband into hunting yesterday or today. We are being grown ups getting chores done instead. Being an adult is overrated.
But if we get any break in the rain I'm grabbing my rifle and sneaking off into the woods

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
This makes the 2nd straight morning in gotten up and looked out the window at 5am only to get depressed and go back to bed. I can handle some rain. I can handle some wind. Put the two together and sit in an open stand with a bow in hand becomes more miserable than I want.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
I know what you mean. Off Thursday through Sunday. Hunted Thursday and saw one fox and some turkeys. Couldn't talk the husband into hunting yesterday or today. We are being grown ups getting chores done instead. Being an adult is overrated.
But if we get any break in the rain I'm grabbing my rifle and sneaking off into the woods
^^^^^^ What she said! ;-)))

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
5 days off and only hunted once!! I don't mind a light rain but heavier rain washes away blood trails too fast, guess I will get up in the attic and pull down Christmas decorations for the wife.
Count on a couple more days of intermittent rain, scattered flooding, and even a possible snow flurry!:razz::razz::razz::biggrin:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am trying to be a grown up but I feel like a child that just wants to play outside! Lol

I am chasing a buck that would be my biggest ever and I just don't know how many more hints I will have before I deploy. Luckily my wife is very understanding and she wants me to go every chance I get (she comes with me sometimes). I am hoping for a Sunday evening hunt too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.