Wildgame Innovation Cam

Discussion in 'Trail Cams and Photography' started by woodsnwater, Dec 22, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

They did not have The Moultrie I wanted, but spoke to guy who uses the Wildgame Innovation Cam... So got it. I even bought the external battery pack to go with it. One problem, no instructions on use of battery pack. It has 2/6 volt batteries and charger is a 6volt/12 volt charger. Now here is the question: Do you hook only the 6 volt battery only to cam or does it take both 6 volts for external power? I feel like if you hook both making it 12 volts it would burn it up or not?

2. mudcat71726

mudcat71726 Well-Known Member

Call wildgame innovations and ask for instructions they have been great withh customer service:thumb:

3. woodsnwater

Well I found a site to explain it. Now, to clear pics counter on camera. I cleared all pics. I guess when it has nothing to read it'll start all over again. I am no tech guru. I'll figure it out.Thanks.

4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I think that external battery pack is the way to go. Does it use both batteries? I'm wondering about rigging something up like that.

I tried using rechargable batteries with mine, and it just didnt work. I was really upset with the trigger time with those, but it's a lot better with regular batteries. I'll be fairly content with mine if I can find a way to get it hooked up to a 6v rechargable. I'm too cheap to keep feeding it all these C batteries.

I like the features of the camera pretty well. Mine has no options, so it's easy. Pretty much turn in on, set the time, and go.

5. woodsnwater

Yes you are right. very easy. I tested it in the house. Only thing is a little slow on taking pics if you pass by it, but I was pretty close to it. May be better at a further distance. The guy I spoke to says it is just as good as the expensive ones and even though 2.0mp it took good pics and it does. The stealth cam vs. wildgame innovation is I got $25 back in difference. The cam was around $60 and so was the external battery pack. There is 2-6volt batteries and hook parallel to each other. This makes it 12 volt. There's a plug in on the side. The guy same he had his power pack and it has been out since ML season and still had some life to it. I say that is pretty good. If proves its self I'll be getting another one. The stamp is very clear on reading.

6. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Cool. I may just have to buy the pack instead of thinking how I can rig one on the cheap. If it comes with 2 rechargable batteries that at least helps justify the $60. I could save the rest of the $ pretty quick on batteries. Still, I got all these DC adapters sitting around. It seems to me that someone that knows about electric wiring could rig one up in no time.