Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after two years of hearing me talk about hunting and putting up with hunting shows day in and day out my wife gave me the shock of a lifetime
and asked if I'd buy her a bow so she can go hunting with me. I'm a happy man. Now my question is are there any bowhunting forums ran by women
for women. I think she would really like to be a part of something like a forum.
Something that dosent have to do with just hunting all the time. A place for her to belong to so to speak. If anybody knows of a resource please steer me in that direction. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Well after two years of hearing me talk about hunting and putting up with hunting shows day in and day out my wife gave me the shock of a lifetime
and asked if I'd buy her a bow so she can go hunting with me. I'm a happy man. Now my question is are there any bowhunting forums ran by women
for women. I think she would really like to be a part of something like a forum.
Something that dosent have to do with just hunting all the time. A place for her to belong to so to speak. If anybody knows of a resource please steer me in that direction. Thanks
the campfire forum is ran by a woman.....but I don't really know if it's "for" a woman. :clap:

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
My wife Hunts with me She got her 1st Deer last season a nice 8pt.. She got it with HER Xbow and now shes hooked .. She also has skinned and butchered them, she just draws the line at gutting them :biggrin: Same goes for Fishing..

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
Just got my wife a X bow this year. Got her a MZ about 4 yrs ago so she can have more hunting opportuniites with me so now looks like every time I go hunting she can come along no matter what the season is. She has killed several deer and can completely clean and skin one by herself as long as some one is around to help her get it up on the skinning rack.

·
Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner
1,834 Posts
Been married for a little over a year this time.The only fight we have had was because I went hunting without her.I love wife #2 ,if your wife hunts count yourself lucky,and help them anyway you can.Watching the look on her face after killing a deer PRICELESS!!!!!

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Gunner's Mate gets mad if I go without her!!!! She killed her first buck nearly 4 yrs ago, with a borrowed 243...the first time I took her with me, we had been seeing each other for about 3 weeks at the time!! She had killed doe before, as her ex and both sons are big hunters, but never killed a buck!! since then, she has taken 2 nice bucks, and several more doe, with an ought6 I got her....in 06, she killed her first with a ML, she now has her own 50 cal........in jan 08, her first ever with an XBow, the first time she tried to bow hunt alone, and she now has one of those!!! How many women ya know with deer mounts hanging in her living room??!!!

That woman is as happy on the back of a wheeler, gettin muddy, sittin on the creek/river bank with a cane pole or rod-n-reel in 1 hand and a cold koolaid in the other, or sittin on a deer stand in 20* weather or when it is pouring rain as she is when she is at Walmart or the mall!!!! and she prefers hunting to shopping!!!

Guess I'm trying to say, that I am a Lucky Man!!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the very first time she has a deer in her sights and all that nervous
excitment starts surging thru her little veins, she will be hooked to. The first buck I ever saw in the wood was last year I shook so bad that I was to afraid to shoot for fear of falling out of my stand. I hope she will
feel the same when the first big buck walks broadside 15 yards. Oh I am
so happy she said she wants to hunt. She is my best friend and theres nobody
I'd rather spend a season hunting with than her.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
excitment starts surging thru her little veins, she will be hooked to. The first buck I ever saw in the wood was last year I shook so bad that I was to afraid to shoot for fear of falling out of my stand. I hope she will
My friend...when I see a deer in the woods, and I am hunting...if my heart rate doesn't go up a little.................that's when it is time to hang it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM is Miss Cold Woman when she gets ready for the shot........after the shot/kill........you'd better be hanging on, cause you're gonna think there is an earthquake..........that's when she gets excited!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
:up: Ditto

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I think she will enjoy this forum, I do. Get her a bow and turn her loose. I just got married in march and everyone tells my husband he's lucky cuz i'd rather hunt and fish as i had anything else. I killed my first hog this year on his farm, nuisance critters in the crops. I hope to get one with my compound bow. I started with a crossbow probably when i was 16 or so, last fall i bought a recurve and my folks bought me a compound for christmas. It's a diamond edge, nice little bow, easy to pull and it shoots good, also a good price. Welcome aboard, and I really enjoy all of you guys.:up:

Angela

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.