Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 243 brass seems really hard to size compared to the 25-06. I treat them the same, tumble them together, lube exactly the same. They are both shot out of nef single shots, but I have lee dies for the 243 and RCBS for the 25. Could that be the difference?

Another thing, if you remember, the 243 seem to strech a lot more than the 25's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 243 brass seems really hard to size compared to the 25-06. I treat them the same, tumble them together, lube exactly the same. They are both shot out of nef single shots, but I have lee dies for the 243 and RCBS for the 25. Could that be the difference?

Another thing, if you remember, the 243 seem to strech a lot more than the 25's.
John how many times have those cases been fired? Is resizing the case the problem, or pulling the expander back thru the neck. After several firings and resizing a case may become work harden. Generally after three or more firings a case will get harder to resize and especially pulling the expander back thru the neck!! William/ra18657

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.