Why do you need an assault rifle?

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Veo, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Just wondering if you were talking with an anti gun person and they said they fully supported an assault rifle ban and ask for one reason why you needed an assault rifle, what would your answer be?

2. chuckwagon

chuckwagon Well-Known Member

To protect myself from a tyrannical government.

3. Assault rifle is a made up term used by media idiots who know little to nothing about guns. It's based, not on function, but on cosmetics. An AR is just a semi-auto rifle with some specific appearance characteristics. What it does is no different than any other semi-auto rifle. The whole thing about "assault rifles" is that people who don't know squat about guns think they LOOK scary. They don't fire different ammo, they don't shoot harder, faster, farther, or more accurately than other rifles. It's liberal media BS.

4. So I can assault back on whomever and whoever tries to use one against me. Whether it be a bad guy, the government, some blue helmet puke, Russians, etc., etc.

5. ksoden

ksoden Well-Known Member

I don't own an "assault" rifle.

I have a shoulder fired, magazine fed, gas operated, center fire rifle. Just like grandpa's ole 30-06, Remington 742 wood master.

No difference just that people are stupid and make assumptions that because it black and has a pistol grip that its evil and the root of all our problems.

At least that's what I would tell them.

6. I've found it best not to talk to anti gun folks.. Nothing you can ever say will change their minds or even come close to having them understand why you need or want to have any gun..

7. marshmallow

marshmallow Well-Known Member

Crossett
    x2

8. AR Thumper

AR Thumper Well-Known Member

Camden
    Mainly because if you give the anti-gun liberals an inch they WILL take a MILE!:mad:Don'T surrender any Rights,You will Never get them back.:dead::twocents:

9. Veo. I was getting ready to put you on my ignore list when I read the title. Whew!!! Glad I read your question first. You're still good.

10. "Leave me alone."

11. allyellow

allyellow Well-Known Member

So what if today's AR hunting rifle started off as a military rifle? So did your dad's bolt action and your grandpa's lever action.

12. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

VEO

Define "assault weapon" please

13. hutch1

hutch1 Well-Known Member

To "assault" s***! Duh!

:thumb:

14. They can't even get that right.... technically they are storm rifles.

15. Assault rifles are used by armies and have short burst capability. Assault weapons are semi auto with decorations to look mean. I can make my 10/22 into an assault weapon. Hmmmm. I think I will.

16. Ruger

Ruger Well-Known Member

Bothers me that the term "assault" can be applied to ANY type of rifle/pistol in order to conform to anti-gun definitions as it progresses. Think about it.

17. A true "assault" rifle is a select fire rifle firing an intermediate round..... usually detachable mag is included. Among the first two examples were the US M2 Carbine and the German StG 44 Storm Rifle.

Media and the power grabbers use the term to influence the ignorant masses..... an AR 15 is just a military style semi-auto rifle to any real gun person.

18. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    :up:

19. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

Call the whatever you wish but you dang sure better pay close attention to what OBUMER said today

"We can't tolerate this anymore," Obama said from behind a podium on the stage of a Newton High School auditorium, as adults wept, or hugged, or sat quietly, many hugging small children. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change."

"In the coming weeks, I'll use whatever power this office holds to engage my fellow citizens -- from law enforcement, to mental health professionals, to parents, and educators -- in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this, because what choice do we have?"he said.

Read between the lines...the proverbial feces is fixin to hit the oscillating wind producer...

20. Ruger

Ruger Well-Known Member

That is the definition to an informed citizen. To the uninformed/ ignorant masses it will be any gun that can shoot more than one shot in succession with deadly intent without having to reload. Intent is the gonna be the focal point. "With lethal intent, can this gun be considered as a deadly weapon.... If so, it should be banned." That will be the ever evolving definition of an assault weapon.