Why do we bother to answer the surveys?

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by ArkGirl, May 22, 2020.

1. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Moderator Staff Member

2. TripleOG

TripleOG Well-Known Member

Don’t thing AGFC cares too much what we think. I’m sure they put surveys out to make us think we have a voice. They’ll do what they want ultimately. Just a smaller form of government. Specifically what did you want differently than what they changed?

sparkie, John Stiles and brushcreek like this.

3. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Moderator Staff Member

The one item that most concerned me personally that passed is this:
    "Create Cedar Mountain Leased Land WMA within the existing Winona WMA. This 14,000-acre WMA would require a $40 leased land permit to hunt, trap or camp and would be composed of all land the AGFC currently leases from private landowners to provide these areas for public hunting."

I am against defining an area within an existing WMA that we already have...and making us pay a $40 permit fee to continue to access that land. If this is newly acquired land for hunters...that's a bit of a different thing perhaps...but it read in the survey to us as being a section of land that was already a part of Winona.

cmf88, FroMan, paxcolt and 5 others like this.
  4. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member

Ravenden
    Who is the "we" you speak of......

"Why do we bother......"

5. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    This is the one y'all better keep an eye on....
    if it goes smooth, and they can justify it, they will enact it statewide on all public lands.
    Bet that....
    Implementing a draw hunt at the Red Cut Slough Tract of Cypress Bayou WMA on weekends during waterfowl season.​

6. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I’ve said for several years it was coming. The duck hunters can’t police themselves so big brother will police them.

Mr. Rusty, sparkie, d2 and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    When the comment period is opened up the decisions have already been made. This is just the feel good part to make you feel like you’ve gotten to express your views.

8. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    Yep beat me to it. They just do that to make us feel like they give a rip about the common mans opinion.

9. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    The day A75 passed the AGFC gave us the big one finger salute.

10. orangefeetdown

NEA
    Yep. Once that happened, our opinion became worthless.

11. Remington

Ravenden
    Yessir

sparkie likes this.
  12. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

This would be the Green Bay land?

13. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Just another way of gouging hunters of more $$$. This sort of stunt, sounds like something a democratic congress would do....

sparkie, John Stiles and brushcreek like this.
  14. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You have to answer to be legal to *****;)

sparkie and orangefeetdown like this.
  15. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

if they read my survey input they would of seen I was against that as well. They have a hard enough time patrolling the place as is, no way they call police who has a permit to be on this side of the road but can go on the other side and not need one. I dont know anyone that was for it either. If it would of been separate land on an edge itd be different, but based on their map it was right smack dab in the middle! Its asinine.

16. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

AG said: "Looks like they approved all of the proposed changes. And since I don't see where they published the results of the survey...I am left wondering why I wasted my time filling it all out."

Just another blatant, not-so-sneaky way to raise the price.

R6mm and sparkie like this.
  17. frogleg

frogleg Well-Known Member

What a bunch of crying snowflakes. We shouldn't have to pay for the land we use. Waaaaaaaaaa

sparkie likes this.
  18. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

I don't think you understand. I have absolutely no problem paying for a permit to use an area. But now having a pay area right in the middle of other public land will do nothing but cause confusion. They also cant patrol the area as is and have enough problems with people gettin off that public and onto the private land around there, they have a massive problem with people riding 4 wheelers, side by sides, trucks, dirt bikes, etc... in places they shouldn't be, and around gates they shouldn't. What is gonna stop these same people when you tell them oh you cant cross the road here and go on that side of the road, you dont have a permit. Its gonna be just like their 4 wheeler riding, and such and they're gonna take their chances.

cmf88, R6mm, ArkGirl and 3 others like this.
  19. orangefeetdown

NEA
    That statement makes very little sense to me, if I’m understanding this specific situation, so someone please correct me if I’m wrong. This area that is now going to require a $40 permit has already been public in the past, and now all the sudden they’ve decided to make it a “new” WMA that requires a permit, even though it’s been a part of the WMA for an extended period of time already? That just reeks of greed to me, and adding further confusion and hassle for those that hunt Winona. What benefit does the $40 permit provide other than further lining the AGFC’s pocket? If it was to add even more public land to be hunted I might could justify it in my mind but from my understanding that’s not the case. If I’m misunderstanding, someone please correct me.

R6mm, John Stiles, ArkGirl and 2 others like this.
  20. Remington

Ravenden
    Ya mean AGFC has to PAY to lease this ground......inside of a WMA....

Now they are passing them costs on to the USERS of said LEASED property.....

And its somehow wrong.....

AGFC should let the lease expire and then those same USERS will be excluded altogether......

Democrats