Why bash guys for spelling?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Tink, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I have read post were guys bash for spelling an not putting periods so on. I am bad about it hands down. It's not due to being lazy or anything I just type plus I do it all on my Iphone. I have no spell check so when I do miss spell a word I don't know I did til someone bash me for it.

So for the guys who bash guys for not spelling or putting periods an such. I give you :down: boooooooo. An I also think you guys need to back off just cause if you don't have a better come back then bashing for spelling get a life. It's just a fourm not high school.

P.S.
    Hope I didn't miss spell anything an put periods were they should.

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

Dont sweat it tink. I really dont know what the big deal is or why it bothers so many folks. They just have spell check on their computers and it helps them feel better about themselves to belittle someone else.:shrug:

3. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Nawbelludidareelgudjob.........icantelluraprudygudspelr:biggrin::fit::fit:

4. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

I only bash people for spelling if they are putting someone else down and trying to make themselves seem more intelligent. When someone is doing that and their grammar is horrid, I just have to point it out.

5. Tink

:fit: thanks sad thingis I un derstan it all , :fit:

6. Tink

Yea I know I was just reading some threads an almost 78.3% had someone posting an bashing. " You miss spell this an you must be lazy!" ( basic saying almost)

7. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

the thing is that when a guy writes a post like this one and expects people to read it and take them seriously he should expect to be made fun of after al it is extreemly hard to read a post like this because post like this are hard to read with no punctuation or paragraphs i mean good lord the onlt thing worse that someone who types a jumbled mess like this are the really lazy idiots who use all caps using all caps is just plain lazy i mean good gosh just try to take the time to make your post easy to read for the other readers i mean how else can they get a grasp on what you are trying to say if you type like this comon people it dont take a nuclear fisisist to make a legibal post does sometimes the odasity of people amesez me what with the availability of google and all all a fella has to do it go to google and search the word that is all he has to do or maybe think about using a browser like google chrome that has a freaking spellcheck and use some commas and periods and extra spaces in a few places is that too much to ask of anybody nowadats ithink not or you could just do like i just did and type real fast and not care is anyone can read it i reckin

8. btech29

Im very impressed.

9. Come on tink.........you know they was kind of directed at me.:biggrin:
    I just think with spell check it shouldn't happen.
    Spell check can't help one's intent in what they are trying to say but at least we can comprehend the words.
    On the net you are conversing with people and it should be just as well written as you would articulate word in person.
    It's not easy I know......some are just picking up typing when they discover the net so I guess I should give some them some slack.
    I could type at all a little over a decade ago and now type faster and better then most secretaries.....
    I have a thing about spelling and punctuation....in verbal communication you use punctuation you just don't realize it.
    But when you write people should be able to read it and understand ,without straining, what you mean't to say.
    Spell check is free.........some just need to get it.........:biggrin:

10. Tink

Well all I have in my house is Iphone an there no need in all the harsh words cause someone doesn't take 30min to write a post. They might no be lazy just like to type in.............I think they call it second person or something. Means when typeing you are talking to the person like there in front of you. An just type to fast an miss things.

11. Again I am impressed!

12. It didn't take me 30 minutes to write that post......maybe 3 minutes.
    You just can't type!:razz::biggrin:

13. Tink

How can you get spell check on iPhone to work on this fourm??

14. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

These are my favorite kind of posts.

15. btech29

I agree with you soark, but posting on a phone can be tough.

Possum is a perfect example. He makes some very well typed posts but when he got his phone even he puts in some screwed up responses.

16. Tink

Hey I graduteed 6th grade twce an I can right n type better then u.

17. Sure you can tink.........:fit:
    I graduated 5th grade twice.......and had to take senior English in summer school to get my diploma .......I was flat out lazy back then and didn't realize the importance of how to use and interpret the English language.

18. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

There apps for Iphone that allow you to just speak and it types what you say. Voice recognition technology I believe it's called. My Droid came with it built into the keyboard. I use it all the time for texting and emailing. It doesn't understand Redneck too well, so I have to pretend I am a Yankee when I talk to it! :biggrin:

19. Nah..........I would love to hear you do that sometime.....:razz::fit:

20. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Hey bell, if you think it's bad when somebody bashes your spelling you oughta have someone you've never even met to tell you you stink. Now that's a blow to a guys self esteem right there!