Who's hog hunting ??

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Nighthawk, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Well-Known Member

Anyone been getting any hogs my dogs have been pinned up since Oct im itching to go. Hunting lease down the road shot several and I knew right where they was and couldnt do a dang thing about it :smack: cause the camp was full of hunters and im only welcome in the off season hasnt been hogs on that lease in the last 2 years hope they saved 3-4 for me :biggrin:

2. Man things are really slow here in Missouri, Stinkin pig are really scattered

3. Nighthawk

Friend of mine had his place tore up they made 2 10ft muholes under his feeders when I got there they had been gone days and havent been back with no pressure just left those feeders but acorns were everywhere this year I cant keep them pin pointed but im ready to get it going again I love deer hunting but chasing them hogs with dogs is what I dream about there isnt a big population around the house its always tuff.

4. sm159144

sm159144 Well-Known Member

Dang, hate its slow for yall. I caught from march to dec 110, I'm zeroed out this year :down: lol going in morning. Hope yall find em, good luck!!!

5. Nighthawk

When I get home im gonna start getting my dogs into shape I got a reg Cat puppy ready to see her first hog cant wait.

6. I got some family members in Harkey's Valley that has them pretty thick. I have chased a few out there. I don't use dogs. Mainly cause I don't have any. But I am about to start chasing some with a bow. I have always wanted to arrow one.

7. kwackwacker809

kwackwacker809 Well-Known Member

We've been catching a few every time we go

8. sm159144

caught 4 on sun. One was a big barr bout 300. Cut my bulldog up a lil but it was a fun hunt.

Glad them dogs are working out for yall kwackwacker, them suckers too lazy for the way I hunt. Gimme a shout. Got someething i wanna talk to yall about

9. mmcginty19

mmcginty19 Well-Known Member

I'll be going in the morning and I'm pumped. Found 2 wads of them last week but bunch of people so couldn't run them. Hope we can find some in the morning. I'll let ya know how it goes.

10. Nighthawk

I cant understand where I live there has been hogs for years but we havent seen any deer hunting or had any pics .I caught one though while checking my feeders last summer my dog baled off went right in the brush and caught a 30 pound shoat so I know there there time to time but boy do they move I have caught 10 or so and all with in 2 miles of my house and never in the same place they will hammer an area and leave not to return for months. I know they repopulate fast but I dont think fast as everyone is killing them. I got a place I go in Louisiana you just follow the creek and you will find piggys.

11. mmcginty19

We killed about 150 pounder today. Had a bunch more around but they scattered.

12. expressduck

expressduck Well-Known Member

been catchin a few in the mountains

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  13. sm159144

thats killing not catching

14. Nighthawk

Nice hogs :up:

15. mmcginty19

[​IMG]
    Yep it's dead and it sure will taste good.

16. mmcginty19

And it was caught alive without the help of pit bulls or bull dogs or whatever everybody is using. It was caught with catahoulas and by hand.

17. Nighthawk

For sure I cant wait to get going again I cant do any dog running during deer season but it time to start tunining on the dogs I got a real nice catahoula puppy from a guy off here and I hope to show her a hog soon.

18. Tushhawg

Tushhawg Well-Known Member

You must have something against using pits or other breed of bulldogs?? The reason we like using them is because you are in total control of the situation all the way up until the time to catch.:up: Not possible with ruff find dogs.:smack: With ruff dogs, all that usually ends up happening is when you get there you have a pot load of cut up dogs or a mangled hog.

19. Tushhawg

Tushhawg Well-Known Member

Express duck, It looks like yall have definitely got the russians up there too.:smack: What kind of dogs are yall running up there? I bet it would be pretty looking at a bay on the side of one of them mountains.:up:

20. Nighthawk

Yes sir that would be nice but alot of hard work I bet.