Who's going huntin today???

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jwalker, Dec 27, 2010.

1. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Im gonna go see if I can get a doe!!

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Just got up.. Planning on it. Cold outside and warm in here..:head: I got a few minutes to decide.

3. jwalker

Deer gonna be movin I can't sleep

4. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator

Me and my buddy--Buddy Propane Heater-- are in the stand. 17 outside when I came out. 42 in the stand right now with 3 windows open. Very little breeze, but for now that north window is staying closed. Had to move back a little from the heater to keep from melting my boots. No deer movement. Only heard 2 shots so far.

5. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

Went yesterday evening didn't see a thing. Been seeing quite a few bowhunting on up in the morning. When it's as cold as it is today and the moon like it is now I would go about 8:30 or 9:00 and hunt right on thru mid-day. Wish I could but I'm working graveyard and gotta sleep some. I may go this evening again if I get up in time. Last time I looked there were over 1,700 killed yesterday statewide.

6. jwalker

How did u check the number of deer killed yesterday??

7. Whitetail Chaser

Whitetail Chaser Well-Known Member

Slept in. Fixing to get dressed and go see if I can the buck I shot yesterday. Hopefully he didn't run to far. He mule kicked real good but couldn't find any sign. So decided to back out and go back this morning and look. Good Luck to ya'll.

8. davglo35

Go to www.agfc.com click on Hunting link / click on deer hunting link / click on Online Harvest Stats For Deer and Turkey.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  9. I plan on goig this afternoon. Probably head out around 1 or so.

10. No doubt fullcredit.......Mr Heater was awesome this morning!
    Dang it was cold! Only saw one hen turkey and a doe.
    Couldn't bring myself to shoot her......I kept thinking it would be cold cleaning one......dang coyotes found one I shot at dark last evening.
    I mean they tore her up!:banghead:
    She would have been good after that cold.......but last night when the flashlights died I had a feeling they would find her as they were howling everywhere .....time to kill some of them!!!!!

11. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

Good luck to ya, hope ya find him

12. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

me too... with my 8 year old and his .243 he got for Christmas... will be his first deer!!!! hope the deer cooperate!

13. davglo35

Whitetailchaser: Did you find your buck?

14. Whitetail Chaser

Whitetail Chaser Well-Known Member

Nah. We looked for about 5 hrs. Found spotty blood for about 30 yds. Its my fault. I rushed the shot. Think I shot bad low maybe grazed his chest. It happens. Just hate it though. Finally see a really nice buck and then I blew it.

15. nemhsiri

nemhsiri Well-Known Member

I sat from 11:00 til dark today up around Greenland. I saw an orange and white tabby cat, an owl, and a bunch of tree rats. It has been really slow here the last few weeks. I did hear two shots nearby at 4:45 though, and my boss got one in Elkins around 5:00, so I guess there are a few left somewhere. I am gonna try one more time tomorrow after work. Good luck to everyone.:thumb: