Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice bull sprig and a beautiful bufflehead drake that will be going to the taxidermist shortly (gotta get my bear and antelope paid for first.....:smack: )

Anyone else kill a noteworthy trophy this year??

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well if I can kill another drake and he mallard in the morning I will get them mounted. But i would love to get a snow speckle belly or a canada goose mounted if I can get one before the end of season. I have had a bunch of mallards but my belly won out and I cleaned them all.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Well I was hoping for a Pintail, but I guess that I'm going to settle for a Greenwing Teal. In previous years I've had a Mallard drake, a Woodduck pair, three deer heads, and 7 antler mounts. My wife is afraid that we are running out of room. Poppycock!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
That will make an unusual mount. If you don't mind me asking how are you going to have it mounted? I've been looking at having my GW teal mounted in a habitat scene.

·
Registered
883 Posts
That is a sweet Brewers' Duck you have there. I think they are super cool birds. Here is a picture I robbed off another site of a Brewers' a guy in AL had mounted. I believe it shows off the uniqueness of the bird well....

I probably should have gotten this bird mounted....

....I've never killed one quite this fully plumed out before. But in the end I just couldn't make myself live with the thought of having to always look at a Spoony. No matter how sharp those mature drakes look, they are still some ugly, ugly ducks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I probably should have gotten this bird mounted....

....I've never killed one quite this fully plumed out before. But in the end I just couldn't make myself live with the thought of having to always look at a Spoony. No matter how sharp those mature drakes look, they are still some ugly, ugly ducks.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly! We killed a couple of drakes this year that were really colored up nice..........but they're still ugly!! :smack:

The last day of season (Sunday), I managed to get my second nice pintail drake...................:thumb:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I was lucky enough yesterday to bag 2 drake redheads on the river. I'm going to get at least one of them, maybe both mounted. I'm also getting a big block headed bufflehead drake, a greater scaup and a drake rudy duck mounted. Man is this going to add up!

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
I was lucky enough yesterday to bag 2 drake redheads on the river. I'm going to get at least one of them, maybe both mounted. I'm also getting a big block headed bufflehead drake, a greater scaup and a drake rudy duck mounted. Man is this going to add up!
Your going to have to take out a loan. :biggrin:

·
Registered
95 Posts
getting a widgeon drake, hooded merganser, pintail drake, and a canvasback drake mounted lots of money leaving my pocket in the near future

1 - 20 of 31 Posts