Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice bull sprig and a beautiful bufflehead drake that will be going to the taxidermist shortly (gotta get my bear and antelope paid for first.....:smack: )

Anyone else kill a noteworthy trophy this year??

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Well if I can kill another drake and he mallard in the morning I will get them mounted. But i would love to get a snow speckle belly or a canada goose mounted if I can get one before the end of season. I have had a bunch of mallards but my belly won out and I cleaned them all.

· Registered
11,495 Posts
Well I was hoping for a Pintail, but I guess that I'm going to settle for a Greenwing Teal. In previous years I've had a Mallard drake, a Woodduck pair, three deer heads, and 7 antler mounts. My wife is afraid that we are running out of room. Poppycock!

· Registered
886 Posts
That is a sweet Brewers' Duck you have there. I think they are super cool birds. Here is a picture I robbed off another site of a Brewers' a guy in AL had mounted. I believe it shows off the uniqueness of the bird well....

I probably should have gotten this bird mounted....

....I've never killed one quite this fully plumed out before. But in the end I just couldn't make myself live with the thought of having to always look at a Spoony. No matter how sharp those mature drakes look, they are still some ugly, ugly ducks.

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I probably should have gotten this bird mounted....

....I've never killed one quite this fully plumed out before. But in the end I just couldn't make myself live with the thought of having to always look at a Spoony. No matter how sharp those mature drakes look, they are still some ugly, ugly ducks.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly! We killed a couple of drakes this year that were really colored up nice..........but they're still ugly!! :smack:

The last day of season (Sunday), I managed to get my second nice pintail drake...................:thumb:

· Registered
1,973 Posts
I was lucky enough yesterday to bag 2 drake redheads on the river. I'm going to get at least one of them, maybe both mounted. I'm also getting a big block headed bufflehead drake, a greater scaup and a drake rudy duck mounted. Man is this going to add up!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.