Who's cooking what for Xmas?

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by 4hunting, Dec 23, 2010.

1. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

We all have our things that have become a tradition which all the kinfolk expect us to cook for the holidays, lets here what they are,

My bunch expects not 1, but 2 of them from me, a big old pot of my surf & turf Gumbo & some well seasoned, Cajan Deep Fried Thunderchickens!

Merry Christmas All!!!!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  2. smokin a big ole turkey and a ham while i'm at it there will be a cup or 2 of holiday cheer :whistle: ya'll have a good christmas :up:

3. ARGROUNDSWATTER

ARGROUNDSWATTER Well-Known Member

Gonna grill some strip steaks and have a baked potato on the side.:thumb:

4. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

I always smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas. At Thanksgiving I changed my recipe a bit and smoked with mulberry and put Cavendar's in the brine instead of Tony's and it just didn't taste right to me. This time I'm going back to the Tony's and using up the rest of my mulberry stash to see how it turns out. Better be good - I'm smoking a buddy's turkey at the same time! In fact, I just put them on about 45 minutes ago. Gonna be a long night and morning tomorrow, but this is what I do for the holidays :up:

5. headhunter_60

headhunter_60 Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

I am grilling steaks and such tomorrow evening. Not sure who is cooking what on Christmas though.

6. hunter22

hunter22 Well-Known Member

Deep frying a turkey and smoking a deer loin and some ribs.

7. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I'm stuck at work and am going to have to try and choke down :prime Rib,Lobster tails, or Tur-Duck-Hen

8. monsterman

monsterman Well-Known Member

I got 2 crab stuffed pork loins and 2 apple cooked pork loins goin as we speak

9. 44

44 Well-Known Member

You forgot the crab legs. It was always tuff on the holidays offshore.:whistle:

10. Selfbow

Selfbow ...

Honey baked ham and all of the go-with-its.
    Everything right out of the box.:biggrin:

11. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

Prime rib, baked potato, shrimp salad. Merry christmas to all.

12. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Having a breakfast Brunch with my wife's family. Christmas night we are cooking deer meat, with taters and gravy and all the other fixings!

Who cares if Santa comes or not......I'M HONGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Got a turkey smokin', and will grill some baby back ribs tomorrow. Sis-in -law is making chicken and dressing, Daughter is making some veggie dishes. Oh, yeah, I'm making deviled eggs, too, they seem to be my job now.

14. twodoes

twodoes Well-Known Member

Had a Low Country boil---shrimp,corn , potatos, &garlic bread!! Tired of the old turkey/ham thing! :up:

15. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

For my family we did the traditional ham and turkey and of course all the trimmings.

My wife's family did things just a little bit different:up: My MIL bought a heavenly ham, made Taco Soup, potatoe salad, and a few other things, but what stuck out the most were these things she made out of Suasage shredded cheese ranch dressing and something else baked in almost like a minniature cupcake, It was good:up: