Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the rain Tuesday at noon it finally cleared up and the birds came out n the fields to dry there feathers. I was packed up heading home and seen a bird strutting in one of our hay fields about 300 out. So I told my dad I'll just throw my lead suit on grab the MoJO and real fan and see if I can get him fired up. Well I'll be I did he was lookin for a fight I got within 200 of him and there was a little hill I raised the decoy up so he could see it and he did. He started to come my way and I went into panic mode cause I couldn't get the stake in the gound so holding it up w one hand and gun in other Laying on my belly underneath the decoy was a sketchy feeling.When he got within 100 yards he started runnin towards me then stopped about 50 and started strutting again and side stepping I knew then I better shoot cause I couldn't hold the gun up any longer with one hand. At 50 yards he went to flopping. That was one of the funnest hunts I've prolly ever been on I just wish I coulda videoed it... And the double beard was a plus.......
10 1/2 beard and 2nd beard was 8 inches and 1 1/4 Spurs Bird Wild turkey Natural environment Grassland Sky

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.