Who made the better hire-Arkansas or Auburn?

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by F B, Dec 4, 2012.

Who made the better hire?

1. Arkansas

73.0%
  2. Auburn

27.0%
  1. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    We wont really know for a few years but who made the better choice today?

2. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Like you said I don't think we'll know for at least a couple years. But with investigations on going at Auburn, they really had nothing to lose, if they get pinned for a few years by the NCAA, then Gus will have time to make it work and if he doesn't, they'll cut him loose.

Arkansas couldn't take that chance. I think of it like this, do you think there is a better OFFENSIVE coach than Bobby Petrino? I'm not saying yes or no, I'm asking honestly.

Under Bobby, with a good Knile, DJ, Mallet, 3 NFL WRs, the best we could do was 2nd in the west, with a TON of talent. So if BP was the best offense coach out there, why not blow it up and try to win the other way?

3. Texan44

Texan44 Well-Known Member

Easy..... Auburn

4. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    Im going with Arkansas. I dont dislike Gus and I think he's a good coach but take away Cam Newton and the Hogs have pretty much owned him every time they've played his offense whether it was at Tulsa or at Auburn.

Im starting to get over the initial shock a little bit now. He wasnt in my top 5 (heck, not even my top 15) but Im gonna give him a year or two before I really make up my mind about him.

He seems like he can develop players and Arkansas has to have a guy that can do that because we dont produce that many SEC caliber players and the ones we usually get from other states are the ones those schools have picked over.

He seems to like to run the ball but he'll throw it around a little bit too and his teams seem to play solid defense. Not very exciting but it wins football games. Ask Bama fans about that one.

5. J. Garrett

J. Garrett Well-Known Member

Auburn made the best hire.

6. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

LOL.... the poll results show how out of touch people on this site are with college football.

Auburn had to settle for what Arkansas didn't want. Think about it. You think it's just a coincidence that Gus get's the Auburn job right after it comes out that we are hiring Bielema? Gus was waiting to see if we would take him, when he found out we didn't want him, he took the Auburn job. Auburn got the leftovers.

Here is all you need to know.

Bielema: 68-24, three consecutive Rose Bowls, four 10 win seasons
    Malzahn: 9-3, GoDaddy.com Bowl

7. bdgarne

bdgarne Well-Known Member

Auburn got Gus' bat-%#*@ -crazy wife and we got a blonde 27 year old super model first lady....you make the choice on those two! :up::cool:

8. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Arkansas got a proven winner in a decent conference. No way Long could roll the dice with GM. We won't know who made the better hire for 2-3 years. Long hired the safer bet for sure.

9. possum

possum Well-Known Member

I like GM's style of offense better as far as watching but, I think Arkansas made the better hire.

10. Bowhuntr

Bowhuntr Well-Known Member

I agree Auburn made the better choice IMO

11. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    GM better get him Cam Newton, and get off probation, Easily Hogs made the better hire 3 BCS in a row

12. newwin

newwin Well-Known Member

Marion
    Arkansas and it's not even close.

13. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

After watching this season, if you haven't realized by now then you need to go watch figure skating. DEFENSE is key to winning football games.

Mr. Long,

Due to the fact that we aren't familiar with this coach can you do us a favor and call John L back. With him I see a championship game in our near future.

Best regards,

Skip

14. Pokey

Pokey Well-Known Member

Without a doubt Arkansas. If Gus had stuck it out at A State for 3 more years with continued success he would have been the most sought after coach in NCAA, but now that he showed that he has no loyality to anyone, I kinda hope he falls flat. He should've told Auburn to shove it, ya'll made the decision last year to keep "Cheesedip" over me, now you can reap in it.

15. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

I agree. Loyalty, is the first thing that came to mind. He has none.

16. GBacon

GBacon Well-Known Member

Arkansas....I hope.

Only time will tell,but I think the B-man has much more experience as a head coach in a big school. I believe in time Gus will be successful, but he will have a difficult first couple of years with the sanctions coming Auburn's way!

17. phnxdrvr

phnxdrvr Active Member

Razorbacks are making out!! Proven coach with an allready established network. His sucesses speak for his ability.

18. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

i guess you would turn down a job in a better conference and millions more just for "loyalty" to a school with no real ties to?

I am an ASU alum but get real man.

19. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

he went to auburn, in the best conference makin millions, where else does he need to sought??