Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about all the stuff I used to do with my grandpa earlier and it got me to thinking about trapping. He wrote several articles on trapping in one of the trapping magazines and used to help run a trappers convention in HS every year. I was wondering how many of you guys know him, especially you guys that have been trapping for a long time. His name is Bob Carr.
I sure do have alot of fond memories hunting and trapping with him when I was younger and actually had time to run a line every morning... Boy I miss those days!

· Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
Well I know a Bob Carr, been in his home numerous times. He worked for the AGFC for a time. Had two sons and a daughter. He was a trapper and had a beautiful wife who passed away and married another lady whom I have only met once or twice. His son John was one of my best friends and I graduated with his son Phillip. Don't know if this is your grandfather or not but he was a great guy.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony Harris:1440194 said:
Well I know a Bob Carr, been in his home numerous times. He worked for the AGFC for a time. Had two sons and a daughter. He was a trapper and had a beautiful wife who passed away and married another lady whom I have only met once or twice. His son John was one of my best friends and I graduated with his son Phillip. Don't know if this is your grandfather or not but he was a great guy.
That's him. He has 3 sons though, Tim, John, and Philip, and a daughter. Philip is my dad.

11,017 Posts
Oh man don't tell Tim I forgot about him. Tim and I worked together for my dad when I was younger before his accident. He was one stout guy and had a smart aleck attitude to match. LOL. He used to give me so much crap. Throw my tape measure in the water, soak me with a water hose and you didn't dare slip off in the bushes to take a leak if he had the nail gun.

I haven't seen John or Tim in years. I see your dad from time to time at Archers Advantage.

Your grandfather took John Phillip and I turkey hunting not long after John placed in the Youth division of the State Turkey calling Championship, I think he did it with an Penns Woods Yelper if I remember right. Your grandpa saw a wolf that day and it followed him almost back to the truck.

The AGFC trapped a nuisance bear by my house years ago and your grandfather was measuring him up when myself and the neighbor walked up. We helped him carry it out to the cage.

You come from good stock Carr, good folks all around. Tell them all I said hello.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony Harris:1440273 said:
Oh man don't tell Tim I forgot about him. Tim and I worked together for my dad when I was younger before his accident. He was one stout guy and had a smart aleck attitude to match. LOL. He used to give me so much crap. Throw my tape measure in the water, soak me with a water hose and you didn't dare slip off in the bushes to take a leak if he had the nail gun.

I haven't seen John or Tim in years. I see your dad from time to time at Archers Advantage.

Your grandfather took John Phillip and I turkey hunting not long after John placed in the Youth division of the State Turkey calling Championship, I think he did it with an Penns Woods Yelper if I remember right. Your grandpa saw a wolf that day and it followed him almost back to the truck.

The AGFC trapped a nuisance bear by my house years ago and your grandfather was measuring him up when myself and the neighbor walked up. We helped him carry it out to the cage.

You come from good stock Carr, good folks all around. Tell Them all I said hello.
Thanks Tony. I'm gonna tell Tim what ya said Lol. Was that the bear that the old lady was feeding peanut butter n jelly till it came in her house? Then the tree huggers got all fired up because he had to shoot it.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tony Harris:1440409 said:
No this one was getting in my dog pen and tearing it up and tearing up the neighbors bee hives and fruit trees. Seems like they loaded it up and took it to Muddy Creek.
I think he has told me about that one before. He has more stories than anybody else I know... He has a tendency to keep you rivited when he tells them too. He is a preacher now and uses some of those stories in his messages and its awesome!

11,017 Posts
No kidding, your grandpa is a preacher? Thats neat. I will pass that along to mom and dad. They loved your grandpa and grandma Birdie. I am sure he has told you how they met. Thats almost as good as it gets.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony Harris:1441682 said:
No kidding, your grandpa is a preacher? Thats neat. I will pass that along to mom and dad. They loved your grandpa and grandma Birdie. I am sure he has told you how they met. Thats almost as good as it gets.
Sure is, he was going around doing a ministry to prisoners and preaching at a church up in violet hill. He had to slow down on the prison ministry because of some health problems :( He actually married my wife and I, the one and only wedding he said he will ever do...

· Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,649 Posts
If he's who I think he is......I think I met him at an event ..something about a Hunting/Fishing event they used to have in Mayflower.....he gave a trapping seminar..there was all kinds of fun stuff that lasted all weekend. They even had a pond full of catfish for the kids to catch. I remember they had a muzzle-loader seminar, and I shot the .54 cal at a "skillet" out at 100yds....made that thing ring every shot. After about 20 times, it didn't ring, and I felt bad...till the guy said it had a hole on the middle and I shot through it. Yep, I remember Bob carr's face.........put up a picture of him from say........the 80s. That's how I'd remember him.:up:

· Banned
6,918 Posts
Carr.45:1444132 said:
Thanks. Did you work with him at the AGFC?
Yep. He taught some explosives classes and I also worked with him on some nuisance animal complaints. When I first started him and Rocky Lynch were the nuisance animal guys. I worked with them both as I did a lot of nuisance animal work myself. Those were good times.
That was late 80's early 90's.

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bruin:1444138 said:
Carr.45:1444132 said:
Thanks. Did you work with him at the AGFC?
Yep. He taught some explosives classes and I also worked with him on some nuisance animal complaints. When I first started him and Rocky Lynch were the nuisance animal guys. I worked with them both as I did a lot of nuisance animal work myself. Those were good times.
That was late 80's early 90's.
Awesome. What's your real name? If you don't mind me asking?

· Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John Stiles:1444168 said:
What, no picture? I can see his face in my minds eye, but I'd love to see him like I remember...kneeling down over a trap.:up:
Man I have been looking but haven't found one yet. Ill post it up when I find one. I have more recent pics but non that old

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.