Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Turk hunters I would like to issue a challenge this year one that is easily done and if we all take part will make a difference. This past weekend I along with the wife and BIL did some scouting in some areas around the Ouahita National forrest and to be honest even the roughest most remote areas we went thru was "Trashed" beer cans pop cans bottles were littered about everywhere we went. It became obvious after just alil while we didnt have enough room to pick up all this trash but we did leave these areas each day better than we found them. There were a couple of places remote camp sites on Lake Ouahita that people had left mattresses, piles of garbage that you could have filled up a long wheel based PU truck:censored: If everyone of us will just pick up 1 can or bottle while we are hunting and scouting together we can make a difference:thumb: For these idiots that occupy a remote camp spot for weeks and leave behind all there stinking trash maybe we will just get a rope!

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Great idea Buba. It's a shame that so many folks have no respect for the beautiful woods and camp grounds in this state. :mad:

.270Win

·
Super Moderator
7,070 Posts
Buba
I have done this for years. I teach my kids from a very young age to do the same. We have carried out several truck loads a few items at a time. When you do this you can bet your children will not throw trash on the ground.

I hope others will take up this worth while task.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured most of the folks on here was already doing that- that is why I like this site- it is full of folks with "CLASS":thumb:

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,170 Posts
I'm in also. Have been doing same thing for years. Aggravating to see so much trash and litter

·
Suspended Indefinitely
2,957 Posts
I teach my kids from a very young age to do the same. We have carried out several truck loads a few items at a time. When you do this you can bet your children will not throw trash on the ground.

I hope others will take up this worth while task.
:thumb: This is the right idea. I teach my kids not to throw anything down. Deposits on bottles and cans would help also, but you have to get this by the big beverage companies. They just want to sell as much as they can and do not care what happens to the container. We take a water jug instead of all those water bottles as much as possible.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Quite a good many years ago, the group of bikers I belonged to decided to start having a big party every year....we found a small peninsula jutting out into a nearby lake and obtained permission from the owner to uses it with the promise we would take care of his land[that was trashed]and clean it up....I was bush hogging it and ran over a propane bottle about half full and the resulting explosion, put me back in Nam, and my crew who were behind me in the mowed area picking up bottles and stuff, got sowered in schrapnel! They began to realize what it's like in a war....anyway, ever since then; I've picked up garbage thrown down by the unconscious creeps we call our brethren:smack:

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
I've been guilty of hauling out other folks trash in my game vest a few times though I'm sure guilty of not doing as much as I could.
Had to threaten a few beat downs this weekend when a few folks I was 4-wheeler riding with decided to throw trash down on the side of the trail. :mad:

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
My wife and I carry a bag with us when we walk down the beaches, even in Mexico. Trash and litter bothers me. People that litter don't care.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
I grew up with the mind set that I would leave the woods, lake, river, etc. in better shape than I found it. It might mean picking up a bundle of fishing line, or some styrofoam boxes, or some cans, but I strive for them all to be at least a tiny bit better than before I arrived.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
My hunting buddy and I have carried out enough trash to sink a battle ship. It is a never ending battle but it has to be fought.
I appreciate those who care and take action to keep the public land clean and free of litter. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
My Dad always told me, "Always leaving looking better then it did when you got there." We've lived by that for years at every campsite we've visited.

I'll pick up any trash that I see and tote it out. Great idea.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Great idea buba, I get pissed off everytime I ride up and down the raod towards the camp and there is trash everywhere.

·
3,605 Posts
My group has always cleaned up after the idiots.

Sometimes you can get a ticket if you camp in a spot where some idiot has left trash. I know people who have been issued tickets for having trash in a fire pit. They didn't dig around in the ashes before building thier fire.

Nothing Pi$$es me off more than driving through a wilderness area and seeing a trash dump! Some slob saved a little ca$h by dumping out in the forest.

Peer pressure guys and gals!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
It irkes me about trash, especially in the woods. We do a good job at keeping it picked up, but the old county road that goes through our lease is constantly being littered by people who drive it.

What really gets me is the logging contractors. They leave hydraulic oil buckets, grease canisters and thier lunch trash all over a job site. Then they send us letter bitching at us to keep thier land clean

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
It bothers me too when I'm in the middle of the woods and find trash lieing around. :mad: I'll pick it up from time to time, but could do a better job.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts