Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pic. It just seemed like ever clearcut off the highway had at least 2 or 3 boxstand in them.

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
I hunt just a few miles above strong our lease has allot of box stands but minor compared to some!Box stands seem to be the deal now adays- as one gets older comfort does play into the equation as does hunting with a kid your spose ect!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I always wondered about all those box stands in clearcuts. I figured you might catch them off guard the first day, but after lead started to fly, the deer would have that figured out!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My lease is not very far to the west of Strong. And yes, there are box / tower stands everywhere. As previously stated, many of us who are getting older like the ease / safety / comfort of these types of stands. Plus it is a lot better for taking my children hunting, or taking my spouse.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I hunt just a few miles above strong our lease has allot of box stands but minor compared to some!Box stands seem to be the deal now adays- as one gets older comfort does play into the equation as does hunting with a kid your spose ect!
That's what HG and I go for.......comfort.........during hunting season, we spend hours and hours in the stands. We have 'em big enough so we can both sit comfortably, stretch out our "old" legs, have a small ice chest, and room for a small bathroom heater for those cold, cold days. Since I haven't talked him into getting the satellite dish hooked up, we just take our MP3 players along and listen to music:biggrin:

·
Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
6,049 Posts
That's what HG and I go for.......comfort.........during hunting season, we spend hours and hours in the stands. We have 'em big enough so we can both sit comfortably, stretch out our "old" legs, have a small ice chest, and room for a small bathroom heater for those cold, cold days. Since I haven't talked him into getting the satellite dish hooked up, we just take our MP3 players along and listen to music:biggrin:
I saw one above ole John Stiles place that had a Satelite Dish on top!:thumb: But comfort is the key it allows you to SIT longer which results in more deer sightings:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts