Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen... It is stuff like this that makes us look bad. We fight hard to keep our hunting rights out of the hands of PETA and other originations only to shoot ourselves in the foot by doing stuff like this. I follow Brian on Facebook because he shoots some really good pics of Arkansas. He is an employee of KATV CH 7. He posted this this evening on his page. This is how many see us hunters... Kill for fun and that's all! They left shell boxes and alcohol containers behind also. I expect to see this on the news which means bad publicity for hunters.

Attachments

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
54,764 Posts
Looks like something the enemies of gun ownership, and/or hunting in general, would do for propaganda purposes!

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,715 Posts
Probably some idiot who was to lazy to either clean them or take the time to find someone who would take them. You can always find people who will take them if you don't want them. Or find something else productive to do with them other than leave them laying on the ground.. Some people don't have the sense God gave them!

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Looks like something the enemies of gun ownership, and/or hunting in general, would do for propaganda purposes!
They dumped dead ducks all over road side ditches near Wabbaseka this season if it that the case.

The legacy of corporate hunters and "mass kill" guides is an ugly thing......

·
Registered
683 Posts
Banded...look up "wanton waste". That might help a bit with you figuring out the issue.

Maybe that field is leased, but if not, leaving a pile of dead birds, hulls, boxes and bottles probably just shut that field down for anyone else asking permission in the future. It's stupid, selfish behavior...go shoot skeet if you just want to pull the trigger, or go play on an Xbox.

I've seen shovelers and other ducks along the road going between Stuttgart and Pine Bluff several times..."blown out" I'm sure...at regular intervals. At least have the brains and courtesy to either take them home and throw them away, or go somewhere remote where scavengers can get them.

Yote...that ought to be a part of the waterfowl guidebook put out by AGFC.

·
Banned
333 Posts
Looks like propaganda or they were using them as decoys and somebody stole there facebook pic to use for malicious purposes. Let's not all believe everything we see and hear on the internet......on another note "killers gonna kill"

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Looks like propaganda or they were using them as decoys and somebody stole there facebook pic to use for malicious purposes. Let's not all believe everything we see and hear on the internet......on another note "killers gonna kill"
That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't believe any thing you hear and only half of what you see.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
On a conservation season do u legally have to pick them up? I always heard u didn't . Wild life got to eat to. Them coyotes and hawks love them stinking geese. They won't go to waste

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't believe any thing you hear and only half of what you see.
I've seen many, many dead ducks dumped from BM to pine bluff this year....... it's repulsive.......... and quite reflective of how waterfowling is in serious trouble. People just don't realize it yet.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know the guy. Not propaganda... Its how the antis see us. Is it legal? Probably. Should we do it? Nope. A little common sense from hunters would go along way. Pick your trash up and put it somewhere where someone won't stumble up on it.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Just to be clear:

This is the internet. Of course I both disagree with what occurred and can clearly see what the issue is. Did I also mention this is the internet?

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
About four years ago, I found a pile of about 50 snow geese that were thrown away. It is disgusting to see the disrespect that some people have for our wildlife. I have also seen largemouth bass, thrown on the side of the road.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts