Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of planning a hunt to the White River Refuge. I've read many good posts on this site as well as talked to others about the quality of hunting that the area offers. But I do have a few questions.

I wish to bowhunt only and I am wandering is there a special permit that you have to draw for to do so?

What kind of hunter pressure will one see during mid-November?

Would you be weary of planning a trip this year considering the flooding?

Thanks for all responses ahead of time!

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
You will like it but read that permit very carefully as that you will not be able to hunt during the smoke pole and the modern weaops hunt but not to worry those two hunts only last three days. But when hunting down there make sure that you always have that free signed permit on you while you thing hunt. Happy hunting.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Some friends and I have hunted down there for years. I my opinion the best bowhunting is during December. The deer have settled back down from the hoards of 4 wheelers and folks scouting. They seem to get back into their normal travel routes.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
There ain't no deer on that there refuge:whistle::whistle:

Just kiddin the hunting is pretty good but don't believe the hype, there is not a 170" behind every tree. There are some good ones but it is tuff huntin, they see a lot of pressure. We will just have to see how bad the flooding and the buffalo gnats got em this year. Good Luck:thumb:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Also to avoid extra hunters dont go during coon season.
I'll second this comment. You need to check when the refuge is open to them. They roam all night with their dogs. Supposedly they are suppose to stick to the roads and trails with their 4 wheelers but it is evident they do not. I don't have anything against them doing it, I just wished we would have checked the schedule first and planned accordingly. You do get to hear a lot of good races though because there are a gazillion coons down there.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Don't mind him, he just don't like hearing other peoples opinions, especially if they don't go along with his:smack:
Whats wrong with taking up for the leagal coon hunters? Thats all I was doing. Folks take a long hard look at this situation. This is what we as hunters are up against. Not only do we get it from the antis now we get it from the ones in the hunting community.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Nope, just like to state my opinion without being harrassed about it :thumb:
As I stated before everyone has the right to do as they please inside the law. This will be my last post on this subject, have a great coon season buddy:thumb:
Ill tell you straight up, I dont like your opinion about the dogs and coon hunters but not once did I harass you about it. I even said I respected your opinion and I do. All I was trying to do was take up for the hunters that do obey the law since you appeared to be condemning all coon hunters.

It sounds to me like you hold a grudge against coon hunters for some reason, and mabe for good reason, but dont take it out on me just because I take up for the good ones.

As for being harrassed and chastised, you were the one that called me a :censored: in post #12, what ever that was supposed to be. And then there was the childish remark in post #13.

TopPin, I sincerely apologize for this following me to your post. I hope you got the information you were looking for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.