Arkansas Hunting banner

White River Refuge Hunting

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  remington05 
#1 ·
I am looking to duck hunt in the White River Refuge this year and I have a couple questions. I am planning on hunting around the South part of the North unit. This area includes Crocketts Bluff to St. Charles to Lawrenceville. My question is if the refuge is not completely flooded are the lakes that lie within the refuge around those areas worth hunting. Some of the lakes include Cooter Lake, Upper Forked Lake, Crab Lake, Upper Swan Lake, and Buck Lake just to name a few. My other question is is how deep or shallow are those lakes at normal depth?

#4 ·
If its anything like last year you better plan on getting in line 9 o'clock the night before. For all the lakes down aprons brown shanty anyways
I saw 5 trucks lined up at 7:30 one evening as I was coming out from an afternoon bow hunt. I do believe this was before BM had any water in early December. Not sure what it looked like once BM some of the other public areas got water.

#8 ·
We have a boat on a lake on the north refuge that we fish. Two years ago my son in law went first morning and killed his limit of mallards just after shooting time. We went back the next day and only saw a few high flying ducks. If there's no flood water it's just luck if they fly low over the bottoms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.