White River NWR

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by clayroberts, Dec 17, 2012.

1. clayroberts

clayroberts Well-Known Member

Anyone seen any monsters that the delta produces killed on white river or trusten holder this yr?? post pics if you have some...or jus post the story if you know anything about some big deer being killed there this yr...i talked to a woman at wild goose by the south unit and she said that last week a guy killed a 190" with his bow off the south unit...

2. HoytTf

HoytTf Well-Known Member

It's definitely possible but I haven't heard anything about it and I basically live there this time of year. If someone would have killed a 190 a week ago legally we would have heard about it by now.

3. Maybe for once people are keeping quiet about what they kill off the Refuge.

4. hortonhunter

hortonhunter Well-Known Member

nea
    I had a guy show me a pic this past weekend of the 190 and its a bruiser for sure Go to the Simmons Big Buck Contest and its on there :up: Or the pic guy showed me that is supposed to be it,, was on the website

5. BullDog

BullDog Well-Known Member

Most of the time when you hear a deer was killed on the refuge it was killed somewhere else. Anybody that hunts there are not going to give the real info they will try to steer people somehwere else. Hunting public land you better keep quit if you want to keep your place to hunt.

6. 1/4ing away

1/4ing away Well-Known Member

X2 Don't ever believe anything I post on this site when it comes to location :)

7. clayroberts

I do agree with yall on this...but i mean if i killed a 190" on white river i would say thats where i killed it...wouldnt show them a drop pin or anything tho...haha!!

8. clayroberts

and checked out that website...theres a guy that killed a 190 with his bow on dec 1st and thats when the woman told me he killed it...but honestly...will some of you guys check that page out?? i dont kno wat method they are using to score those deer...not sayin they dnt kno what they are talkin about or anything but i seen several deer on there that are scored as 160-180s and they dont even look anywhere close to scoring that...the 190 doesnt look like a 190 to me...hes big dnt get me wrong but im jus not sure ab 190. hes typical so a 190 typical is HUGE!! check those out and let me kno what yall think ab it plz...

9. BullDog

Jimmy Marlett from Star city killed the 190 so it is anybody guess of where it really came from. I, know him and he will not say anywhere close to where he hunts.

10. clayroberts

i mean im not sayin that it was true at all...thats just what a lady told me so thought id see if anyone knew of it...he had to of been huntin somewhere close to white river or trusten holder or somethin unless he has permission on a private farm around there or club...cause theres no reason anyone would really be at wild goose gas station unless ur hunting somewhere close...

11. BullDog

He has a place down from us at Tichnor and he hunts south unit, north unit, TH " Big side and lil side", and BM. I can tell you that he will not let anybody know the truth as to where he was. This guy would drive 30 miles out of the way to make people think he killed it somewhere other than where he really did. He is a very smart public land hunter.

12. BullDog

And yes it did score 190"

13. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    Somebody post a pic of this joker!

14. BullDog

It's on simmons web site.

15. TNR

TNR Well-Known Member

My buddy had that deer on camera. Dont know how to post the trail camera pic of it though

16. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    I hunted many years there before it became Trusten Holder. I never saw anything close to 200" antlers. I DID see a 270 lb buck, verified on Tichnor scales, but it had only a 'normal' (huge for my standards) rack for its body.

I'm sure they exist, though. I have a 150" 6 point that my FIL killed at Swan Lake in about 1955 (before my time!!! :biggrin:).........but that's me doing the measuring and that's the only deer I ever bothered doing that, so I could be off, but honestly.

I am about to give up trusting ANY pictures of deer these days. Man. The cheaters have such great tools nowadays. And apparently they use 'em.

17. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

I used to hunt pond creek. Killed some nice bucks. Then some guy kills a monster and tells everyone and even has an article in Arkansas hunting magazine. The following season it was inbelievable at the people. Trucks everywhere. 2 yr olds dying at a high rate. Now i dont hunt there anymore.

18. hortonhunter

hortonhunter Well-Known Member

nea
    Would love to see it on trailcam??? kinda b4 and after

19. NO you would'nt !!!.....where i hunt there they have been killing deer of that caliber for years. The folks are so tight liped though and dont say squat. Not everyone is out looking for internet fame.

20. BullDog

Amen Bro, I, do not put a deer one on the internet I kill. I, learned a long time ago fishing holes and deer hunting spots and what you see you better keep it to your self.