White bass

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by woodsnwater, Jan 7, 2011.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

When does the white bass start running? Is it late Winter or Spring?

2. hunter_3780

hunter_3780 Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

3. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I thought they swim :head: but I know up here they start there spawn March an April.

4. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

when do the shad start getting big enough for the bass to school really well?

5. Levi

Levi Well-Known Member

Last of March it depends allot on the weather though......:biggrin:

6. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

i HEARD they are tearing them up at millwood. blue back rat-l-trap:up:

7. jprtn

jprtn Well-Known Member

old rule I have been told is when the dogwoods bloom but usually mid march around here never fished em much on the lake but they were up in the rivers in mid to late march so i don't really know when they hit the flats on the lake

8. I am with you jprtn, the Caddo River in late March early April, the next big rain after the 2nd week of April you can load the boat with the BIG Hybrids :up:

9. newton29

newton29 Well-Known Member

NWA
    The small male white bass run in March the first day I try to fish for them. The fat female whites typically quit running 3 days before I go back.

10. Crappie hunter

Crappie hunter Well-Known Member

If we were to ever get any rain that amounted to anything to create some flow on the Arkansas river, you can usually catch a few now. I used to catch them real well in Febuary though. Also used to wear em out on Maumelle in late March. If you really wait for the dogwoods its almost too late. I always heard that on crappie, but it seems I catch more before the dogwoods bloom now days.

11. duck01

duck01 Well-Known Member

When the water temp is 48-49 degrees.

12. skip1411

skip1411 Well-Known Member

I love fishing for them. My friends dad turned us onto them when we were 16 yrs or so. We normally hunt for them early march late february, I was always told watch the dogwoods myself.