Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been white bass fishing? On Beaver?
Might give it a try tonight after work. Hopefully the water wont be too terrible muddy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If I were you, I would wait until this next weekend at the earliest. This rain and cold front have shut them down. If the water will clear up a little and the weather warms up, it should be one of the best runs in several years. Just think of the last several years when everyone was gripeing about not having any water, not a problem this year.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If I were you, I would wait until this next weekend at the earliest. This rain and cold front have shut them down. If the water will clear up a little and the weather warms up, it should be one of the best runs in several years. Just think of the last several years when everyone was gripeing about not having any water, not a problem this year.
They were already getting fired up pretty good on lake maumelle and I had made one good trip out there.....how do you think this will affect those who had already began the spawn?

·
Premium Member
14,530 Posts
They were already getting fired up pretty good on lake maumelle and I had made one good trip out there.....how do you think this will affect those who had already began the spawn?
They won't be going anywhere but further up the river. Those white are hardy fish and they can certainly be caught in the mud. More flooding won't hurt them at all.

What I have had the pleasure of observing over the last few that white bass will go absolutely as far upstream as possible. These floods are putting whites in places they haven't been in many years. The next three weeks should be unbelievable for catching about as many as you want to catch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts