Which small game do you like to hunt best? poll

Discussion in 'Small Game and Bird Hunting' started by Z-man, Feb 13, 2008.

Which small game do you like to hunt the best

1. Bird

22 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Squirrel

102 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. Rabbit

26 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. Z-man

Z-man Guest

I like to hunt squirrel better.

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Tree rats... :biggrin:

[​IMG]

3. jmbknvc

jmbknvc Well-Known Member

I like a good race......... Cottontail!!! :thumb:

[​IMG]

4. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

Squirrel but rabbits would be a very close second.

5. Snirkels fer shure. I'm not very good at it, but love being in the woods. Hope to have either a .17 HM2 or HMR by next season!

6. shawnee_creek

shawnee_creek Suspended Indefinitely

Where can you find that many rabbits jm? Not around my farm:smack:

7. jmbknvc

jmbknvc Well-Known Member

shawnee_creek, it is hard to find farms that still have good small game habitat. Maybe that will change, according to the G&F Outdoors Newsletter more farmers are signing up for the Continuous Conservation Reserve Program (CCRP). Which creates habitat instead of keeping the edge of fields and leaves looking like manicured lawns.

Then I guess I will not tell you we should have had 6-8 more cottontails on that hunt, that got away. :wink:

8. Bruin

Bruin Well-Known Member

Like em' tree rats! :thumb:

9. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I guess that I'm an oddball (but everyone already knew that), but I think that I like bird hunting the best.

10. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

I squirrel hunt now but I used to love rabbit and quail hunting years ago.

11. browtine

browtine Well-Known Member

NO WONDER I CANT FIND ANY TREE RATS UP HERE IN CLAY COUNTY, MR C IS KILLIN EM ALL BEFORE THEY GET HERE:smack: :thumb:

12. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Dove hunting is plenty of fun but I still have to vote for squirrel hunting. I love chasing those tree rats... especially with the dogs.

13. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Those are Sharp County rats. :biggrin:

14. wildcovey

wildcovey Guest

quail

nothing like a wildcovey for me. bushrats are alot of fun with the 17 hmr
    rabbits are fun with the 410 but birds are the ultimate rush and they are coming back to where you can hunt them on public ground. cool:biggrin:

15. possum

possum Well-Known Member

You know I voted Squirrel, but wasn't thinking about Dove hunting. It's real high on my list as well, probably higher than the tree rats but of course that most likely has something to do with the amount of shooting. :thumb:

16. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Beside bird you should have put dove/duck/quail and the results might have been different

17. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

I voted for squirrels, but really it is the Bob White Quail that wears the crown. :thumb:

18. ECHIV

ECHIV Guest

Quail and pheasant are the birds that do it for me. Sure wish there were more of them close to where I live.

19. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

I chose "birds" which to most probably means quail, but I lump doves in that category too.

I like dove hunting since it's the first season of the fall that I take part in. I like a good dove shoot with friends and family. The shooting and the time I spend with my buds is great!!!

I'd love to get in some good wild quail hunts but those are few and far between for me anymore.

Tree-rats would have to run a close second. I used to love to rabbit hunt and wish I could find more of 'em. But since I started duck hunting again, I just don't seem to even try to hunt them anymore.

20. fish

fish Guest

TREE RATS :twothumbs

[​IMG]