Which one is best s & w mp 40 s&w or sfield xdm 40 s&w

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by varmit_master, Dec 18, 2012.

1. varmit_master

varmit_master Well-Known Member

I look at both almost bought the springfield xdm 40 s&w like all the stuff that came with the xdm. Not as much comes with the m&p. I want it to carry in vehicle getting my permit soon. Which of the 2 would you buy please let me know if u have shot the 2. Ty Richard

2. dlfarley

dlfarley Well-Known Member

I've never shot or even held the m&p, but I've owned the xdm .40. It is one sweet gun. I should still have one but I digress...it has an excellent trigger and just plain shoots good.

3. possum

possum Well-Known Member

Like farley, I can't tell ya much about the M&P but I went with my son when he bought his XDM and held both....personally the XDM felt way better and it shoots great.

4. woodsmaster

woodsmaster Well-Known Member

I bought a SnW 40 last year new, First three shells and it hung up. Got rid of it the same week JS

5. Grizzly16

Grizzly16 Well-Known Member

I've had 3 xds in 40 and used a few in 9mm. I currently own and prefer a 9mm M&P full size. The lack of grip safety and superior aftermarket support for the M&P wone me over. The XDm is nice but a bit pricey for what it is in my opinion.

6. varmit_master

Sounds like I will call and tell them to put the xdm up for me. I like all the stuff that comes with the xdm. It also has a 4.5 match barrel. The m&p don't come with the stuff as the other. I reviewed it and it got all high reviews. The xdm is only like 65.00 dollars more.

7. varmit_master

I went by before christmas he sold it. But he has another coming in this week. I told time I would take it when it came in. Just waiting now.

8. varmit_master

On another forum they said the xdm is like the low line in pistols. They told me the glock is 10 times the pistol as the xdm. I want a good pistol when I buy one. I know the xdm comes with alot more stuff than the other too. Will take all the help I can get. Which of the 3 is built the best? Richard

9. marshmallow

marshmallow Well-Known Member

Crossett
    I prefer Glock. I've been shooting one since 1994. I still have that one & I've shot over 10,000 rounds through it. I've bought & swapped several through the years & still own 3 Glocks. Nothing wrong with either of the others though.

10. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Which one is best s &amp; w mp 40 s&amp;w or sfield xdm 40 s&amp;w

All 3 are great pistols, just don't get hung up with what they come with. A great pistol doesn't need to package accessories with it to sell.

But you won't With any if the three just handle them and see what you think.

11. dhueydxt

dhueydxt Well-Known Member

Go with a glock 27 gen 4

12. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with either. I have a xd and I love it and I also have a m&p shield and I love it. I don't like the xds cause it is to boxy in my hand I prefer the shield.

13. mhr7

mhr7 Well-Known Member

Im a big xd fan, always thought of them as a better built, better looking, better shooting, than glock. Bet that stirred the pot.

14. varmit_master

The xdm fit my hand the best. The other 2 hair small for my hand. I got the 40 my buddy told me it wasn't big enuf I should have got a 45 acp. I think the 40 will work for me. I could have got a glock g 4 he had a new one in stock. I know I will be happy with the xdm. Richard

15. dave.s

dave.s Well-Known Member

I got the xdm 4.5 in OD Green for xmas and love it! It shoots really well eats everything I put through it with no issues.

16. varmit_master

I got my xdm 40 s&w last friday. Carried in the house and put it on reloading bench and its still there. I haven't shot it or moved it. Waiting on my rcbs dies for it. Hope they come in soon.

17. Arkansas Archer

Arkansas Archer Well-Known Member

So far my xdm has shot great. I've put around 400 rds threw it so far and it has ate everything I've thrown threw it. Now if I could just get my hands on m&amp;p 9L pro c.o.r.e.!

18. varmit_master

I pick up a box of hornady 180 gr xtp bullets to load for it last night at bass pro.

19. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

Buy the one that feels best to you. Hold them and point it where you are looking and see which one is aimed where you pointed. When I point a glock it is way high I don't like their grip angle. I like the xd best of the 3.