Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I’m narrowing it down to Alabama first, then coming up to Tennessee, Arkansas of course, and looks like Missouri next. It’ll be here before we know it!! Can’t wait!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True that Remington!!! He owes me a favor for all them doves I had him set up on the Strawberry River lol! For real, I’m going to put in for my tag for Harold E. My wife drew a tag last year there and we got on a few birds but no luck. We need to hook up. 👍

·
Registered
13,385 Posts
I missed OK last year, so I'm definitely gonna make that trip. Dont know about the rest of it at this point. The private land I have permission to hunt is hit or miss at best, but now that all of Benton county has a 1 week season, something's gonna have to give. AR's full season matches MO's to the day, but living up here in the NW corner, if I'm gonna have to drive a couple hours to a hunting spot, driving away from AR is likely to result in better hunting.

·
Member On Double Secret Probation
29,208 Posts
Mississippi, Ohio, NE (may squeeze in SD depending on how it goes) and Id like to squeeze WI in there somewhere in there towards the end.

·
Registered
21,929 Posts
I'm not sure exactly

2021 will be my first year single in a quarter century. I NEED / greatly want a big muley with my bow ..... i very well might pursue that. I've considered Africa - I've got the means but its so expensive traveling and covid and shipping trophies back etc I dunno

I've been drawn more and more to like a 10 day survival canoe trip on buffalo river .... take bare essentials, eat what i can catch etc.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Curious...for those of you hunting multiple states, are you hunting public land? Also, are you pulling a camper around or do you stay in local hotels, etc.?

·
Registered
21,929 Posts
Curious...for those of you hunting multiple states, are you hunting public land? Also, are you pulling a camper around or do you stay in local hotels, etc.?
for me public .... I prefer tent camping, kinda roughing it, doing the solo thing (unless I'm in Kansas and that's private/group)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not good. Back in 2001, Washington county harvested 138 turkey and Benton county did 73 birds.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts