Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,786 Posts
I'll probably be in Springfield. The 1st falls in the middle of the week this year...I probably won't be able to get out (if I can get out) until that weekend.

But I'm gonna see if I can shift schedules (work and school) around the 1st that week.

I haven't missed an opener in years...

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
I will be somewhere on the Miss, R, until the 8th then off for 27 days straight.
Wow! I had the entire month of Oct off last year....wow that was nice. I took new job and gave my 2 weeks notice on oct 1 at my previous employer. Well I had vacation planned that next week and the policy said you couldn't take off during your 2 weeks so they just went ahead and let me go the next day after I gave them my notice. Then I got a call from my new job and they said it would start on Nov 1st. the good thing is, my old employer paid me for my 2 weeks, and all the vacation I had saved up including what I had scheduled for the next week. I figured it out and I would have only 2 hourse that weren't paid for and I was off the entire month of Oct. Man I would love to have that again!

Oh, and I will be working on the 1st this year. But I am getting off a tad early and running down to our lease in Grant for a short evening hunt.

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
Wow! I had the entire month of Oct off last year....wow that was nice. I took new job and gave my 2 weeks notice on oct 1 at my previous employer. Well I had vacation planned that next week and the policy said you couldn't take off during your 2 weeks so they just went ahead and let me go the next day after I gave them my notice. Then I got a call from my new job and they said it would start on Nov 1st. the good thing is, my old employer paid me for my 2 weeks, and all the vacation I had saved up including what I had scheduled for the next week. I figured it out and I would have only 2 hourse that weren't paid for and I was off the entire month of Oct. Man I would love to have that again!

Oh, and I will be working on the 1st this year. But I am getting off a tad early and running down to our lease in Grant for a short evening hunt.

That's one of the main benefits of my job. Work 4 weeks then off 4 weeks
Only thing is that I miss the gun season every other year and this is the year that I will miss, but will be home for most of Dec, and will get Holiday hunt, Get all the MZ off this year which is 2nd favorite form of hunting.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
That's one of the main benefits of my job. Work 4 weeks then off 4 weeks
Only thing is that I miss the gun season every other year and this is the year that I will miss, but will be home for most of Dec, and will get Holiday hunt, Get all the MZ off this year which is 2nd favorite form of hunting.

I guess it's better than working every week and only getting to hunt the weekends. :up: And you ought to just take your rifle with you on your boat. I've seen ya'lls big spot lights on those things! :whistle::wink: ha

·
Administrator
87,179 Posts
Where will you be on October 1 when the sun comes up?????
At 7:04 AM on October 1st, I will have been setting at my desk at work for about an hour.

Wednesday
1 October 2008 Central Daylight Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 6:39 a.m.
Sunrise 7:04 a.m.
Sun transit 12:59 p.m.
Sunset 6:53 p.m.
End civil twilight 7:18 p.m.

MOON
Moonset 7:21 p.m. on preceding day
Moonrise 9:23 a.m.
Moon transit 2:41 p.m.
Moonset 7:52 p.m.
Moonrise 10:24 a.m. on following day

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.