Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and a couple of buddies are wanting to bowhunt this weekend. Anybody have any ideas on where to go? What should we try to hunt around? Food plots, Corn, Trails, creeks? Thanks for any input. Oh yeah, can anyone else see a big rack on top of this deer's head? I think I might just be seeing things, Click on the picture and it will enlarge, That's when I think I see antlers

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Where have yall been hunting?

What WMA's are in that area?

I think the secondary rut is kicking in, so I would find some woods and trails and get up a tree and hope an ole doe is in the area. :up:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pic I just put up was on the base, I think he has a big rack but it is hard to see without being able to zoom in. I am about 2 min away from Holland bottoms, Any deer over there?

·
Registered
840 Posts
i can see the horns on the pic that austin inhanced,

Holland bottoms has tons of deer, but tons of people too. There are lots of big deer on the airbase , you just have to go to a class before you can hunt there

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wanna hunt????

i can see the horns on the pic that austin inhanced,

Holland bottoms has tons of deer, but tons of people too. There are lots of big deer on the airbase , you just have to go to a class before you can hunt there
Anybody on here that has their stuff together to hunt on base is more than welcome to come along with me. I'll be going in after him tomorrow, and I have a few spots I want to have covered back there. Message and I'll tell you more

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you have to be with a military member if you are a civ, We can each bring one guest at a time, I think there is a 10-20 $ charge if you are a civ. But there is a lot of really nice deer on the base. They aren't pressured quite as much as the public deer so they are a little less shy. Right now there is very few people hunting on base, In the morn there wil prob be about 5-10 at most

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I am about 2 min away from Holland bottoms, Any deer over there?

Definitely. There may be several people out there, but if you can find a place without lots of people, there are a lot of deer on Holland Bottoms. Another place not too far from you that has deer is Cypress Bayou WMA just south of Beebe. If you go to www.agfc.com they have a link where you can view wma's on google earth and you can look them over. Holland Bottoms is heavily wooded. If you find the edge habitat, you will find deer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.