Where to Buy a Boat

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by headhunter_60, Dec 23, 2010.

1. headhunter_60

headhunter_60 Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

I am going to get a complete new setup. Where in central Arkansas is the best place to buy from. I would like to hear who ya'll have dealt with and what ya'll think of them.

2. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Well-Known Member

White County Marine in Searcy. They carry Alweld boats. :up: I bought a boat and motor from them back in October. Good people to deal with. :up:

3. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of H20 Sportz in Sherwood myself, they have really good customer service, and will take care of you:up:

4. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Super Member<br>Forum Sponsor

It might help to know exactly what kind of 'set-up' you are looking to buy. Alot of dealers tend to specialize in various brands and types of boats.

5. headhunter_60

I am wanting an all welded jon boat. either 16 or 14 foot long 48inch wide and a 25 horse motor on the back(was wanting two stroke) but since they aren't made anymore I will settle with a four stroke, and I just want a good trailer to haul it on.

6. QCDually5.9

That sounds like a 'basic' boat. Have you tried looking at craigslist to see if you could find a late model at a discounted price?

7. headhunter_60

yeah, and i found a basically brand new not even a year old setup then two days before i went to meet the guy someone stole the motor off the back...i was pretty bummed.

8. QCDually5.9

I'd keep looking. Depending on how far you are willing to travel, you can normally find some pretty good deals on the basic type boat you are looking for. Try going to Jaxed website and getting a listing of the entire state or region. Good luck.

9. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

i agree! and i found the further from "Little Rock" you look on craigslist the cheaper they are. esp for what you are looking for