Where do you usually buy your guns?

Discussion in 'Guns, Ammunition, and Reloading' started by JR, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

I was just wondering where everyone bought their new or used guns at?

2. retnuhreed

retnuhreed Well-Known Member

3. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

I have bought my last four rifles from a gun shop in Forrest City...I have known him pretty much my whole life, so I give him my business..:thumb:

4. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

EZ Pawn on the square in downtown Clarksville has the absolute best prices on new and used guns that I have found. Great guy to deal with.:up:

5. ishootducks

ishootducks Well-Known Member

Ultimate Outdoors has some great people that work for them as well as some good prices and great quality guns.

6. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

I prefer to buy from a local gun shop, but that's get'n hard to do with so many go'n out of business. I still hit Pistole's Gun and Pawn in Clinton pretty regular, he also cuts my hair, pawn shop, gun shop and barber shop all in one.

7. Redcloud35

Redcloud35 Well-Known Member

Pawn shops, or anyone needing money that is not a drug addict.:thumb:

8. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Pawn Shops, gun shows or individual sales. Hardly every by from a dealer but did buy a couple of time from WalMart. :thumb:

9. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Fort Thompson. Support the guys that have been here longer. To heck with the big dudes!

10. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Jim's Trading Post in Pine Bluff

11. Eb1

Eb1 Well-Known Member

i have bought from Fort Thompson, Don's Weaponry, and Academy Sports. I plan on buying from Steve's in Magnolia here soon.

12. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

I almost hate to admit it, but the last few guns of mine were bought at gun shows. Gun show sellers like people with CCW's, they don't have to make a phone call to check you out. I order parts online quite a bit, too.

13. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Recently convicted felons! They make the best deals!

14. yjjeeper

yjjeeper Well-Known Member

lost
    Well, you better make sure they don't have a body on them!!! :eek:

15. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Don's Weaponry!

Fort Thompson = High prices, rude people, and terrible service. Other than that, it's a great store. :thumb:

16. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

It depends on what I am buying.

New guns- Stovall Precision Arms
    Used guns- Where ever I can find the best price on whatever I am looking for. Word of mouth, the classifieds or where ever I can find them.
    Old or Specialty guns- I hit Gunbroker.com And by specialty guns I mean things that aren't always available on the shelf... say a Model 11 Remington, or a S&W 610, or Springfield Micro. Stuff that ain't always the biggest sellers and movers in the retail biz! I've gotten some really great deals on gunbroker!

I hate to admit it, but I'm tight with my gun/hunting budget. It's pretty meager by some folks standards so I try to get the best value I can possibly get. Sometimes I miss out and sometimes I score!!!

17. three rivers

three rivers Well-Known Member

Usually people around here local will part with them after christmas usually only being used one season. Passed up over 10 deer rifles this year alone. Now if its something i want, usually macks or the sportshop that offers the best deal. Bought a spagetti gun yesterday from macks.

18. El Dorado Pawn and Military.... Good folks and Good prices. And if they don't have it they will order it and usually have it in 2 - 3 days.

I don't and won't buy from Steves in Magnolia.....

19. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    I've found just the opposite. Don's seems like they think you are required to buy from them. I've not had any problems at the Fort.

20. Bought my rifle from Don's, but only because the sales guy knew my dad and cut the price down to what the normal price should of been :smack:

Several from Ft. Thompson back when they were friendlier and were interested in helping you

Bought my Glock 27 from Academy. They agreed to match Ft. Thompson price. But its quite a bit of hassle to buy from a box store. Too many extra steps, act like they are selling you a house