Where do you hunt in Bayou Meto??

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by INYOURHOLE, Jan 5, 2011.

Where do u hunt at Bayou Meto

Poll closed Feb 4, 2011.
  1. Government Cypress

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Lower Vallier

44 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. Upper Vallier

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  4. Temple Island

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. Buckingham Flats

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. INYOURHOLE

INYOURHOLE Well-Known Member

Lets get some figures.

2. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

INYOURHOLE :biggrin:

3. INYOURHOLE

Was that you set up 100 yards from me in Brushy?

4. Doug Fryer

Doug Fryer Well-Known Member

All of them and a few you didn't list.:biggrin:

5. quackpipe08

quackpipe08 Well-Known Member

Hahahaha...u kinda had that one comin. There should be a all of the above but i prolly hunt long pond or long bell the most.

6. INYOURHOLE

Long Pond and Long Bell are pretty much Lower Vallier unless you walk into Government from Long Bell.

7. UncleDuck12

UncleDuck12 Well-Known Member

Apparently you dont hunt there very often. Get a clue dude

8. TMHC

TMHC Well-Known Member

In the woods!:cool:

9. CutDown

CutDown Well-Known Member

I don't hunt any of these, why is cox cypress not listed?

10. INYOURHOLE

I guess you could be right, Long Bell and Long Pond are access points to Lower Vallier. :up:

11. INYOURHOLE

I'm pretty sure that was Brushy i saw you set up on CutDown.

12. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I hunt were ever the most decoys at an just sky bust every duck with my 10ga 3in mags. That's how you duck hunt right there. :up:

Just kidding don't even duck hunt that area I just stick with this moutain ducks alot more fun.

13. And you guys wonder why so many people descend upon this place each year. If you just left well enough alone it would not be such an OOS zoo. The more this gets discussed and tossed around the more people will have to "give that Bayou Mee Toe place" a try... Most of you understand this but it amazes me how much unnecessary information gets posted.

14. INYOURHOLE

I'm pretty sure that if anybody from Arkansas hasn't heard of Bayou Meto they must not be any type of hunter at all. It"s pretty obvious after seeing 29 out of state tagged trucks at a certain boat launch Tuesday morning it is known nation wide, not only locally.

15. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Last time I was down there it was like a decoy haven couldn't get a boat around so many decoys. There were more decoys then ducks an people were so rude trying tell me I can't hunt here or there. Crazy Crazy hope everyone goes down there hunts an open a few more spots around some places else where.

16. bloody acorns

bloody acorns Well-Known Member

This weekend

We are taking some tree stands down there so we will be right on level with those swing ducks - going to climb a big ol cypress

17. BIG DOG

BIG DOG Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner

18. duck

duck Well-Known Member

Anybody ever wonder why there are so many OOS ers in Metro? I will tell you . I goes back to the duck guiding days. Everyone of those South Carolina and Georgia tags were either taken in there by a guide years ago or they were taken by someone who went with a guide and showed them.

19. Bingo Duck...

Doesn't help to have thread after thread with the BM mentioned by name with places, etc etc. either.

20. INYOURHOLE

Agree 100% duck. I'm sure reading about Meto on a waterfowl forum isn't going to attract any more people than there already is. AGFC could make a killing on out of state hunting liscence if they wanted too.