• To the the end of December

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • The entire season, through out Feb.

Votes: 50 60.2%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
I generally deer hunt through the end of December or early January. By then most
of my gas money has been spent and I start working toward the next season
or doing all of the honey dues that have piled up since September when squirrel season opens. I also have beagles so I try to start rabbit hunting January and February.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I only deer hunt until the duck season comes in.

I like to deer hunt... but i LOVE to duck hunt!!!

Threre are a lot of times I SHOULD have been on a deer stand, but I still go to wet muddy places to try to scratch out a duck or two!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Well, I'm a trapper also, so I start with my bow in Ocotber, and my muzzleloader, and I take the wife and son gun hunting in the opener of gun season in November and we normally have from 4 to 5 deer in the freezer by then. The trophy is in the back straps for us. I usually kill a couple of decent deer and then I drag and skin for them. I process all of our deer, so I'm busy till trapping season and then I'm running hard with trapping. I run across several deer, cause everybody down here seems to like magnums and watch right of ways and open fields. If I had time from trapping I'd shoot one with my pistol in the brush, but I don't too many beaver and other critters to skin and no freezer room. We have 3 freezers for meat, plus one for my fur.

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
Sept till feb then I just waiting for spring turkey to open..:biggrin:

.. I'll start squirrel hunting next weekend, then Oct 1st I move into if its "Brown its Down" season till Feb.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
I'll start with Doves when I have a place to hunt. After that I chase squirrels if the weather cooperates. From there it's on to deer with the stick and string, smoke pole and rifle. I usually get tired of that by late November and then it's time to chase squirrels with the dogs till the end of February.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.