Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I grew up too far in the sticks to do the Scout thing, and we aren't doing it any more for munchkin#1 (tale for another thread, another day).

I too use the Improved Clinch Knot... didn't even knot its name... just figured it out over time.

Tommy

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I grew up too far in the sticks to do the Scout thing, and we aren't doing it any more for munchkin#1 (tale for another thread, another day).

I too use the Improved Clinch Knot... didn't even knot its name... just figured it out over time.

Tommy
Been using this un for ever, only had a couple come loose out of i'll say, hundreds of ties. :up:

There are some interesting ties shown though. It takes me some time to figure out one as it is. :head: I stick to what works for me. :twocents:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have been using the Palomar Knot for just about ever. They have run tests on the various knots and seems to me the Palomar runs about 98 percent test strength of the line while the Improved Clinch is in the 80 percent area. Also, if you don't "improve" the Clinch, i.e., run the tip of the line back through the loop, it'll slip on you.

If you are using any of the braided spectra-type lines, the Palomar is the only way to go. Absolutely no slippage and my experience has been the line breaks before the knot does.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Use the Trilene Knot & Rapala Knot mostly but also use the Palomar, Uni-Knot and Snell from time to time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have been using the Palomar Knot for just about ever. They have run tests on the various knots and seems to me the Palomar runs about 98 percent test strength of the line while the Improved Clinch is in the 80 percent area. Also, if you don't "improve" the Clinch, i.e., run the tip of the line back through the loop, it'll slip on you.

If you are using any of the braided spectra-type lines, the Palomar is the only way to go. Absolutely no slippage and my experience has been the line breaks before the knot does.

Cheers.....
Spot on! Use the polomar exclusively. Using braided line like power pro its the only way to go.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.