What's your opinion???

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by scarhead26, Dec 12, 2012.

1. scarhead26

scarhead26 Well-Known Member

Reading through Doug Hodge's thread about looking for his buck got me to wondering how many people would give the shooter of the buck his antlers if you found the buck shot and dead? I guess i would wanna hear a description too. Of the rack and shot placement and time of shot!

I know of a guy that killed a nice buck early this year and wounded a huge 160" buck here recently but did not find the buck. Problem here is that where he hunts, you are allowed one buck. Rumor has it the buck was found and a euro mount has been done on the skull. Should the finder give the shooter the antlers? I sure as hell wouldn't. If he shot that deer, it was illegal and he had no business ruining a good buck while his buddy sitting next to him had an open tag. Pretty selfish I think and serves him right. Jmo though.

2. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

the situation you describe is quite different.
    But if i found in a legal situation like Dougs I would.

3. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

x2

4. pearlsnaps

pearlsnaps Well-Known Member

If someone could legitimately claim it, with explanation and detail. I would definitely give it to him.
    Bad karma to keep someone else's trophy.

5. RAZORBACKER3

RAZORBACKER3 Well-Known Member

I guess I look at things different. It's not "someone else's " trophy if they fail to recover it. No different than finding sheds or a dead deer due to poaching or any other means. The person would have to have a story I could verify as legitimately, as the previous poster stated

6. I offered a reward for the rack. I wouldnt feel right, otherwise. What if the guy found it and it had been chewed on. He could of thought it just died from natural causes or was hit by a car or whatever and what if he gave the horns to his boy who loved them? I went around asking but I offered to pay if someone found it.

7. scarhead26

scarhead26 Well-Known Member

Doug, in your situation I would give you the antlers for no reward. I would do it for anyone who legitimately killed the animal and couldn't recover it. Unless as in the case I stated where the deer was shot illegally. I just wondered people's opinion on the matter.

8. d.bobo

d.bobo Well-Known Member

hope
    I wouldn't want the horns if I didn't kill it .

9. mwmwbm

mwmwbm Well-Known Member

rattlin antlers?

10. thompson

thompson Well-Known Member

Arkansas
    Find one as a conversation piece......yea, bragging rights no. put yourself in their position.

11. tyhunter23

tyhunter23 Well-Known Member

If it was me I would, put I would want to know all the details of the buck first just to make sure.