Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Just curious to see what ranges are possible. i can hit the vitals on my target at 60 yards, but i dont think i could stay steady enough to do that on a real deer.
23 yards for me. Only shoot what you can shoot and nothing more. :up: I personally would not shoot at a live animal past 45 or 50. But I do shoot most of the summer and shoot tournaments some. :up:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
49 yards off the ground at a doe, hit her in the backbone and broke her down at the spot. I think just about every other shot has been within 25 yards, with most of them being within 15. I like to set up for close kills.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Just north of 35 yds....[browning compound]!
That shot was late getting there and since then I have not tried to shoot outside my limitations...the arrow went through both the hams, causing the deer to bleed completely out within 200yds....he had jumped string....that is what usually happens outside 25 yards and the error gets bigger the longer the shot. But my teacher told me that in real sense, that the shot was technically a good shot, since the femoral artery is huge in a deers legs and they will leave a huge blood trail, not unlike a double lunger. But I'd just concentrate on a clean kill...we owe it to the sport, and the animal!:wink:

·
Premium Member
18,386 Posts
52 yards. Rangefinder varified with a witness. 8 pt. in themiddle of a field. Stalked him, knew I could make the shot and I took out his heart. Goot to watch him run about 150 yds. and do the faceplant while still in the field.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.