Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My personal favorite hunting dog is the German Shorthaired Pointer. They are the most versatile breed in my opinion their style and grace are topped by none in my opinion. The only con I could ever complain about is the hyper fits of non stop energy. I operate a small kennel in Illinois and have a great success. I breed for results not $. The dog below is Rooster my male.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mountain Cur .... Best dog in the world. Somebody took mine when she got out of my yard while I was out of town last year on opening week of Modern gun deer season.

Not sure how good of an inside dog she would’ve been but she was the best dog I’ve ever had. If you want a good Homestead dog I would suggest one of these.

View attachment 286564

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mountain Cur .... Best dog in the world. Somebody took mine when she got out of my yard while I was out of town last year on opening week of Modern gun deer season.

Not sure how good of an inside dog she would’ve been but she was the best dog I’ve ever had. If you want a good Homestead dog I would suggest one of these.

View attachment 286564
whaooo, thanks for this insight. much appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I have had Hungarian Vizsla’s for the past 18 years or so. We are on our third, he is a pet and doesn’t get hunted. The two before him were hunted in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska before we moved to Arkansas. They are very loyal and love their people

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
I have had Hungarian Vizsla’s for the past 18 years or so. We are on our third, he is a pet and doesn’t get hunted. The two before him were hunted in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska before we moved to Arkansas. They are very loyal and love their people
I've been seeing a few of those around NWA the last couple years. Seems like they're more popular than they used to be.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts

View attachment 286564
I’ve got a mt cur that for his first 4 years was a great sq dog. At around 4-5 years old something must’ve happened on my carport that he didn’t like, and now he won’t hardly leave the yard to hunt. But from what I’ve heard from the UPS, fedex, bug guy, and a few of my friends is that there is no way anyone can step foot on my carport if we aren’t home. He’s loyal to a fault. He patrols the yard non stop.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.