Arkansas Hunting banner

What type of hunting stands do you prefer?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I've always used climbers, but now I'm startin to get a little long in the tooth, and it's not easy for me as it used to be, but I'll keep using them until it gets to where I can't do it anymore. I'll probably go to a tower stand then

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Can't beat a climber unless you fall out of the thing. I have about six of them ranging from cheap to moderate in cost. I'll lock the cheap ones in the woods so I don't have to carry them in. Only lost one so far.

I guess I am getting spoiled because I am not even sure I could hunt on the ground anymore. Can't see as well because of the brush and I sure do love being above the deer's scent line. I can also hear deer a hundred yards off on a still day with dry leaves on the ground.

Cheers.....

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
Mostly permanent......but I can be mobile if needed, got a couple of ground blinds, a climber and a couple of ladder stands.......Getting to old for the small climber & ladder stands...besides, the Heater in the permanent stands sure are nice, as well as GM's company:up:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Love my summit climber. I like it better than any of my lock ons. However, I hate to pack it in very far. I'm gonna try a tree saddle this year. I'm gonna go with nothing but my climber and my tree saddle.

As soon as I get all my lock ons back from camp, I'll be selling them.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I like ladders the best. They're too easy. I've got about 4 from when I had a bunch of private land to hunt, but now I'm hunting mostly public. I got a Lone Wolf Sit N Climb last year, and I love it. That's far and away the stand I hunted out of the most last year. (By the way, I noticed Lone Wolf is coming out with a new Sit N Climb... the old one was marked down about $100 at Sportsmans Whse last week!)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Love my summit climber. I like it better than any of my lock ons. However, I hate to pack it in very far. I'm gonna try a tree saddle this year. I'm gonna go with nothing but my climber and my tree saddle.

As soon as I get all my lock ons back from camp, I'll be selling them.
Let us know what you think of that Tree Saddle. I think I'm gonna do the same thing. I've got a new-in-the-box tripod and an Ol Man climber I never use. If I can get some cash out of them, I might go ahead and get a Tree Saddle.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.