What's this about suspended players?

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by bett_lou, Jan 5, 2011.

1. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

I was eating lunch and they had the sports channell on. Couldn't hear it, but I swear they said something about Ohio players selling their rings? Y'all heard about this. Is it true?

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Bett there's 5 Ohio players that will be suspended for next season, could have been what their talking about??

3. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Yeah, 5 of the Buckeyes (4 were key starters, including Pryor) were suspended for breaking NCAA rules for selling memorabilia and accepting discount tattoos. The punishment was suspension for the next 5 games and they had to pay the full value of whatever payment they got to a charity, but the NCAA allowed them to play in the bowl game regardless. The coach didn't even punish them.

4. bett_lou

Well that's not right!

5. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

The guy that intercepted the pass, and the MVP were 2 of the culprits!!

NCAA Rules committee is a freaking joke!!! If they were in-elligible to play the first 5 games of 2011.......last time I looked, it was 2011!!!!

Am glad they played, but p'od.....if we would have won and they were not allowed to play...that would have been their excuse!!

It's all about the money...and the HOGS will never get any RESPECT..........

6. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

You have to consistently win big games to get respect... and unfortunately the Hogs don't...

7. HANDGUNNER

True.....yet we seem to win them when we NEED to.....plus SEC and other coaches don't like Bobby Petrino, and we are a small school compared to others in the conference and they don't like us in general........

We have a good program, and we do deserve some respect...but we can't get any, guess if you could buy it maybe we could:whistle:

8. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Those 5 suspended players played their last college game last night, mark my word.

9. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Even if they do come back, OSU has appealed their suspensions. Mark my word, if they come back, they get a 3 game suspension MAX.

10. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

o no, they are coming back "they promised" and everybody knows you can take a thugs word to the bank! :smack: I was sitting by a bunch of osu fans and they honestly thought they shouldnt be suspended at all. They said that the players didnt know it was against the rules, so they shouldnt be punished. I thought they were kidding at first but they were dead serious!

11. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Per a Chicago radio station, rumors abound that he's entering the NFL draft. This regardless of the fact that he promised to return to Ohio St. during week 6 of next season, if he was allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl. MVP of SUGAR BOWL Mr. Pryor

12. bett_lou

Now wait a minute Mule Man. You ever heard of the New Orleans Saints? Took us 40 years but we did it!!!! Keep the faith my friend!

13. HANDGUNNER

You go Bett!!:up: