What's the dumbest thing you've ever did?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by .270Win, Jan 31, 2008.

1. .270Win

.270Win Well-Known Member

Just wondering if you have ever did something really stupid and totally out of character for yourself? Something that you think back now and say to yourself, "What the heck was I thinking?!?!"

I've got so many it'll take a while to figure out which one is tops on my list. :smack: In the meantime, post 'em up....let's hear it! :thumb:

.270Win

2. Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

One of my top 50!

[​IMG]

3. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Hey Pat is that the infamous Cedar Falls pic? Next time call me, I want to do a shot from the bottom side, the look on your face had to be priceless. 'OMG, what have I done'.:eek:

4. Marrying my first wife.

But hindsight is 20/20.:smack:

5. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Jumped off a two story building with a beach umbrella!:eek: ......volunteered to go hunting for 1 year in Nam:razz: ........married a stripper[my ex]:cool: and moved back to Ar.:first:

6. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

You mean like driving to work this morning? My museum is officially closed today, but I'VE got a dead line, so in to work I go... It's snowing pretty dang hard up here! :eek:

I ain't got nothin' to compare with the famous Pgooch waterfall shot, but I do have a looooong list of "learning opportunities."

Maybe it was canoeing down the PHD rapid on the Mulberry river at about 3.5 on the level scale BACKWARDS just to see if I could (I couldn't).

Water skiing on Beaver lake third weekend in March (still snow on the ground) sans wetsuit. Couldn't pee for a week....:cool:

Trying to jump clear over a creek on my Suzuki quadracer without scouting the landing. That hip still bothers me. :smack:

I better quit this is getting embarrassing!

7. Bruin

Bruin Well-Known Member

When I was 17, I got drunk and wrecked my truck. No one was hurt, but I totaled my truck when it hit a Boone and Crockett Cedar tree. My buddy, in a slurred drunken voice said, "Man, you gotta call the cops and report this or the insurance company wont cover your truck. So we walked to a pay phone (1 mile) and I called the police. They came, arrested me for DWI, and had my truck towed off.

All I had to do was walk home (2 miles) and leave the truck till morning when I was sober and I would not have gotten a DWI. But I listened to my stupid friend. That made both of us stooopid!!:rolleyes:

8. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Not going to say what the dumbest thing I've ever done was on-line. In my top 5 would be jumping off a 75 foot bridge into 8 feet of water. One of my "youthful indiscretions"

9. RAMBUSTER

RAMBUSTER Well-Known Member

10. John Stiles

Hey, you trumped me!:razz:

11. John Stiles

Hahahahahaha...you trumped knapper:thumb:

12. flintknapper

I'll have to say, Bruin is in the lead in this sad race! That was a classic! :thumb:

13. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

set myself on fire. :rolleyes:

14. John Stiles

Oh well....we have a new leader!!:thumb:

15. MichaelT.

MichaelT. Guest

Got Married .... not once but twice...:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

16. flintknapper

I wuz wondering if you'd fess up on that...:fit:

17. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Dang man! You should have divorced the 1st one before you did that!! :smack: :razz:

18. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

About 25 years ago, a friend and I went to Lake Greeson to do some crappie fishing in early March. We got there just after daybreak. Seems like the air temp was in the 40's. The lake was extremely low and we were having a horrible time launching the boat. It was my job to hold the rope while my friend was driving his little Ford p.u. backing down and jerking forward. In order not to lose the boat, I wrapped the rope several times very tightly around my hand. I was standing in the bed of the truck near the gate. With one more big jerk the boat was off the trailer pulling me with it. I did a 360 off the truck into some very cold water! After I came up and caught my breath, my echo lasted about ten seconds!

19. flintknapper

My sister in law married the same one twice. She's had two weddings and two divorces, but only one victim, Uh, husband....:smack:

20. AHHHH I won't mention his name on this board but one guy married 2 different women like 6 times over a 2 year period if I remember!

I think in his life he has been married like 7 times to 3 women!!!!!!!

I don't know if he will come out and tell it but that would be up there!!!!!!

(oh it ain't me.......been married to same old woman for 20 years:smack: :biggrin: )
    BG12 knows who I am talking about.:thumb: