Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it seem unusually hot or humid this year or is it just me. I work outside all during the day but for some reason it just seems hotter, its making me wander how bad its going to be in October when bow season rolls around.
I'll still be in a tree, Im looking to buy some new hunting clothes for this bowseason and Im thinking I'll need something really cool and breathable.

Is there something out there better than underarmour that wicks really well?:head:

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
I use that Wal-Mart immitation underarmour. I've got three shirts. One is over sized and the other two fit tight. When it's hot I wear the oversized one and it keeps me pretty cool. When it's cold I put one or two of the tight ones on depending on how cold it is. They work pretty well. Even down to about 40 degrees I don't need much of a jacket on. Doesn't help much in the wind though. Got to have a jacket on with any wind.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
I use that Wal-Mart immitation underarmour. I've got three shirts. One is over sized and the other two fit tight. When it's hot I wear the oversized one and it keeps me pretty cool. When it's cold I put one or two of the tight ones on depending on how cold it is. They work pretty well. Even down to about 40 degrees I don't need much of a jacket on.
I have a couple of the walmart knock off shirts also and they work just fine. For pants I just wear the thinnest I can find. I even worn shorts to the stand when its hot enough.

·
Registered
11,674 Posts
Gamder Mt. Had some stuff last year that was camo and looked and felt like the same stuff that football jerseys were made out of back in the day.

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,791 Posts
If I'm hunting primative might as well be primal. I'm sure under armour makes a light breathable one:clap:

·
Ultimate Member
32,306 Posts
there is a company called "Pro Hood". They make a two peice hooded suit. Here is a link. http://www.prohood.com/ I purchased one during the Big Buck Classic. I love the thing. You can read more about on the page I just gave a link to BUT I do recommend it. I love the suit and it is extremely breathable. And honestly the magnetic earflaps and pockets, to me, are some of the best features I have ever had the pleasure of using in a hunting appearel type suit. Take a look and see what you think. I LOVE mine.

·
Ultimate Member
32,306 Posts
Oh I forgot it is around $120 dollars for the whole thing and it comes with hooded top, gloves, hat, and pants. I suggest atleast taking a look at it. :up:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Mossy Oak has the Trek-Lite gear which is great for warm weather. The only negative has been the quietness of it in dead calm conditions. It makes a little noise. I'd give it an overall grade of A.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
i use body paint:biggrin: yeesir nothing like your buds catching the morning wind and glazen the woods for ol mossy spray some fox or **** pee around stand and rool with it.just be sure to use a good but coushen:fit:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts