Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked earlier what was the longest shot you have made because i think it takes great skill to make long kill shots with a bow. i also believe it takes great skill to get animals in close and make a good kill shot as someone mentioned in my other post.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have shoot 9 deer ether under my tree or just two yards away.
I have shoot 3 good bucks no more than 10 yards
I have a stand that is a the bottom of a steep hill next to the lake the deer are looking at me eye to eye but I'm still 15' off the ground. Scentlok!!!

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,582 Posts
Nearly straight down....the young buck was eating along and the target angle was zero...such that I couldn't get a shot and it was steadily starting to get dark...every few steps he'd look up and check the wind, and I could see his white throat like a spotlight...finally when he was nearly straight down, I dropped an arrow into his neck just below that whit spot and through his heart....he jumped straight up and over backwards losing blood by the buckets...he went about 30 feet, started to wobble and fell over dead! I'd like to see all my shots do that...but I'd rather have a broadside target angle or quartering away!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.