Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...So if you and 1 other person are hiking out from camp daily to archery elk hunt...and you plan to be out hiking/hunting from dawn to dinner time...What do you carry in your packs?

I have a list I've been thinking about but I'd like to hear some of what others carry. Of course we will each have 3 liters of water plus a 24oz bottle with eLytes each. And...I'll have either a life straw or the actual little filtering system in case. We will pack plenty of snacks and a lunch. We will have binos on harness, cell phones and spare battery packs. maps downloaded. Area is under stage I & II fire restrictions so no open flame/campfires allowed.

Also:
-First aid kit (with advil, immodium etc also)
-rain jacket
-elk calls, (he will have bow etc)
-knives
-a couple of game bags/gloves (ever the optimist)
-CC gun
-Space blankets and paracord to rig a shelter
-compass

What else?

·
Administrator
87,222 Posts
2 folding knives
Small folding saw
IFAK with tourniquets, wrap, puncture kits, etc
Binoculars
Range finder
Trail marking tape
A small compass, but it’s never used hunting my own property
25’ rope
Rubber gloves
Pen and tags
Wire ties
Sub compact pistol (9 or 40)

That’s what I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
14,380 Posts
Water is the heaviest thing you can carry. Me personally, I'd drop to 2 liters or even 1 depending on the situation. Hivernan has a 1.5L nalgene that's the cat's pajamas. I carry iodine tablets with a neutralizer for backup. Seems to be the lightest, and I really dont use them much. Steripen at camp. I drink a lot of water in camp, especially before heading out in the mornings, and carry less.

I like to have hand sanitizer wipes. They're handy all the way around, but when I'm dealing with diaphram calls in and out of my mouth, and duty calls...

x2 on the redundancy on headlamps. And a few extra batteries too.

·
Registered
10,268 Posts
I haven’t made a list yet and some of these are good ideas with the extra release and stuff. Here’s my stuff i got so far.

Snacks/food
Kill kit (bags, knives, saw cord)
Boudreauxs butt paste.
First aid kit
Extra clothing (if needed)
Rain suit (if needed)
TP/wet wipes
Water
Headlamp/light
Batteries
Phone charger.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Water is the heaviest thing you can carry. Me personally, I'd drop to 2 liters or even 1 depending on the situation. Hivernan has a 1.5L nalgene that's the cat's pajamas. I carry iodine tablets with a neutralizer for backup. Seems to be the lightest, and I really dont use them much. Steripen at camp. I drink a lot of water in camp, especially before heading out in the mornings, and carry less.

I like to have hand sanitizer wipes. They're handy all the way around, but when I'm dealing with diaphram calls in and out of my mouth, and duty calls...

x2 on the redundancy on headlamps. And a few extra batteries too.
Don't forget that bottle of Boone's Farm, with two straws, you and Hive split over a crackling campfire.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.