Arkansas Hunting banner

3701 - 3720 of 3753 Posts

·
Registered
17,905 Posts
Marinating in what? Chicken broth?
No I’m trying something different Sir. I’ve cooked it many ways but never marinated for 3 days. Here’s my experiment . Wickers marinate , then pecan smoke , then wrap in bacon and cook it down. Let that bacon fat infuse with those juices and pull all apart and feast like kings or @orangefeetdown or @mk1848

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
No I’m trying something different Sir. I’ve cooked it many ways but never marinated for 3 days. Here’s my experiment . Wickers marinate , then pecan smoke , then wrap in bacon and cook it down. Let that bacon fat infuse with those juices and pull all apart and feast like kings
Damn...Just ...damn.

·
Registered
23,757 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
That ribeye and shrooms looks amazing!! But idk about baked crappie.
I probably bake it about 4 or 5 times a year. I like baked fish but don’t want to go to Kroger and try to catch some over-priced snapper in the counter, so, this is a good substitute. Plus, I just fried some Friday and was looking for something quick out of the freezer. You’ll appreciate that I didn’t even fry the green beans, that’s how little effort I wanted to put into a meal tonight.

·
Registered
25,721 Posts
How did it turn out blackened? I tried to blacken some one time and it just fell apart.
Very good, we do it fairly often. Well I don’t, the wife does. She says it’s all about having the right heat on the skillet and it’s tricky in a cast iron. She’s switched recently to using a non stick skillet and said she likes cooking it that way better as it’s not as prone to falling apart like you mentioned.

OFD Blackened = accidentally burned
The wife cooked. I’ll tell her you said that. She’ll put a pop knot on your head.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Very good, we do it fairly often. Well I don’t, the wife does. She says it’s all about having the right heat on the skillet and it’s tricky in a cast iron. She’s switched recently to using a non stick skillet and said she likes cooking it that way better as it’s not as prone to falling apart like you mentioned.

The wife cooked. I’ll tell her you said that. She’ll put a pop knot on your head.
I’m sorry, I thought I was picking on you. Please don’t tell her.

If she can put up with you then I don’t want no part of her

3701 - 3720 of 3753 Posts