Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 3753 Posts

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had mangrove Snapper and redfish covered in white wine cream sauce last night.
Today gonna have some wings on the grill, (i always fry mine), boudin, and bacon ranch pasta salad.
Tomorrow I'm smoking a brisket, grilling homemade venison/wild pork sausages, and my wife is making great homemade mac and cheese and a homemade blueberry cobbler.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Had teal, with fresh yellow squash, zucchini, cabbage, roasted butternut squash, and cherokee tomatoes from the garden.
Tonight i got 4 inside deer loins goin on the grill with a big side of pepperjack shrimp alfredo and some gooda$$ bread

·
Premium Member
18,517 Posts
Probably mack ncheese, purple hull Peas, and rolls. Ice cream for dessert. Miller Lite to wash it all down with.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lt. any suggestions for how I should cook the salmon?
Cedar plank it.

Soak cedar plank in sweet white wine (cheap is fine) for at least 12 hours. Season salmon moderately with your choice (old bay will work), cracked black pepper, and plenty of fresh dill.

Make yourself a good bourbon glaze. (Cup of dark karo, 5-6 turns on pepper mill of fresh cracked black pepper, heavy shot of bourbon)

Put fish skin side down on cedar plank directly over medium fire. Drizzle glaze over salmon at first and halfway through and right at end.

When fish becomes firm (10-12 min) it should be nearing done.

Let it rest for 4-5 min. It's great.

1 - 20 of 3753 Posts