Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going down next thursday to do some scouting. I've got 50lb of corn and a hanging feeder, 2 mineral blocks and some deer go insane liquid stuff. I'm going to be looking around this creek where I saw a monster 14 pt last year. Would you just put the mineral blocks in different locations along with the liquid? Hopefully I didnt confuse to many of you. Thanks

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I wouldn't bother with anything but the mineral blocks. The deer have too much "green" and fresh stuff to eat right now. I'd put the mineral blocks near where you planned on hunting if there were some well used trails. I don't believe the deer are out looking for that kind of stuff, but might use it if it is available to them near one of their trails.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
I wouldn't bother with anything but the mineral blocks. The deer have too much "green" and fresh stuff to eat right now. I'd put the mineral blocks near where you planned on hunting if there were some well used trails. I don't believe the deer are out looking for that kind of stuff, but might use it if it is available to them near one of their trails.
x2 but I might also put some corn around the mineral block to help get them started on it.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eh.. to make a long story short. I pulled up to a creek that runs through our lease that goes into lake degray. I noticed the wayer had ripples in it and I could hear a slushing sound. So I run to the bank and all I see is the big boy running down the middle of the creek. I promise his horns were almost a foot past his ears. I just say he was a 14 point because people have been seeing one not to far from where I saw him at.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
x2 but I might also put some corn around the mineral block to help get them started on it.
x2...Good idea...:up:
Plus another!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.