• yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 22.2%
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Ask whoever lays in the bed next to you if they would be able to “sleep peacefully” after you unload a mag in your bedroom.

I asked my wife, and her exact words were “hell no, you could wake me from the dead when you shoot in the back yard”
A minor point, and not important now, but she was not sleeping peacefully when the police knocked/pounded on the door. She died in her apartment's hallway. She and Walker, the boyfriend--who had no history of drug offenses--were watching a movie so it's possible they couldn't hear the police answer them when they called out "Who is it?" According to recordings of police interviews with Walker:
'Taylor yelled again "at the top of her lungs," asking who it was, Walker said in the recording. He said he was asking, too.
They got out of bed and were going toward the door when it “comes off its hinges.” Walker fired one shot, unable to see who he was shooting at, he told police.'

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-taylor-fact-check-7-rumors-wrong/5326938002/

·
Administrator
73,355 Posts
My Cur dogs would alert me someone was here long before there was ever a knock at the door or a kick. And if they did get in, they would have to kill them both first, or get mauled to death. At the point they kicked my door in and killed my dogs, I would be awake enough to be pissed my two best friends had been shot, and I would unload on whoever shot my dogs. You just don’t mess with a mans dogs.
D4B4A3B4-F3FD-4FB6-AD01-B8CB84EFA35E.jpeg

·
Registered
106 Posts
It can’t be both, this isn’t about who we believe. The question is “ what would you do?”.
How is my position both?? The answer is since I’m not a wanted criminal I’d get into a defensive posture, definitely not shoot thru a closed door, and definitely not use my wife as a human shield. That’s what I would do.

If I was a wanted criminal with nothing to lose, then I cannot answer said question, because I do not think like a criminal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A minor point, and not important now, but she was not sleeping peacefully when the police knocked/pounded on the door. She died in her apartment's hallway. She and Walker, the boyfriend--who had no history of drug offenses--were watching a movie so it's possible they couldn't hear the police answer them when they called out "Who is it?" According to recordings of police interviews with Walker:
'Taylor yelled again "at the top of her lungs," asking who it was, Walker said in the recording. He said he was asking, too.
They got out of bed and were going toward the door when it “comes off its hinges.” Walker fired one shot, unable to see who he was shooting at, he told police.'

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-taylor-fact-check-7-rumors-wrong/5326938002/
It’s actually not a minor point now since the narrative has always been “she was sleeping peacefully in her bed”.
And the “no history of drug offenses” is complete BS. Walker had a warrant out for trafficking large amounts of cocaine and heroin. They didn’t pick the guy at random.

It is a fact that no drugs were found in the residence, but even my dogs know not to crap where they sleep.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,833 Posts
Personally every firefight I was ever in, caused a rush of adrenaline I had no control over...and I didnt stop firing until I ran outta ammo, and thats when I heard someone yelling: “cease fire, cease fire Stiles!”

·
Registered
697 Posts
Had a family member have heart attack in field on his farm early one morning. EMS showed up to my mom's house instead and kicked in her door. She wasn't home but often thought how dangerous it was and my wife would have probably shot them before I even woke up. We live off the road, no outdoor lighting whatsoever except for porch lights that are never on and we never hardly ever get company. I have opened the door 9mm first to the forehead of several coon hunters asking if they can go get their dogs off my place. I always apologize and let them do their thing.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
If someone comes through my front door at night they better be bullet proof. They would have to shoot my 100 pound german shepherd to get in. She likes most everyone in the yard when we are out in the yard. But when we are inside she is instinctively a guard dog,if a strange car stops or a person walks in the yard she goes nuts. If someone touched the door she would be barking ferociously waiting for them.
Don't know if she would bite but she sure looks like she would.
i think it is normally better for police to grab people coming out of their house instead of busting in with their guns out. Unless they suspect there is an threat that someone is being raped or killed if they don't enter. It would be safer for everyone to arrest people outside.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
It’s actually not a minor point now since the narrative has always been “she was sleeping peacefully in her bed”.
And the “no history of drug offenses” is complete BS. Walker had a warrant out for trafficking large amounts of cocaine and heroin. They didn’t pick the guy at random.

It is a fact that no drugs were found in the residence, but even my dogs know not to crap where they sleep.
Not true. You're talking about her EX-boyfriend Jamarcus Glover, who she hadn't dated in 2 years according to her family. The man who was with her that night was Kenneth Walker who had no drug record and was about to start a job with the postal service, according to his father. Breonna Taylor was working 2 jobs at the time of her death.
"Neither Taylor nor her boyfriend had a criminal history or drug convictions. No illegal drugs were ever found in the apartment."
https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/breonna-taylors-boyfriend-kenneth-walker-update/

"Neither Taylor nor Kenneth Walker has any drug offenses on their records.
Additionally, though Taylor and Glover once dated, Glover said they were no longer in touch before her death. There is no evidence Glover was living in Taylor's apartment."

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,833 Posts
Whatever happened to cops driving up with sirens blasting and lights flashinf and reflecting off windows and when someone looks out...the loud speaker blares: “come out with your hands up, you are surrounded!”???

·
Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
21,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I understand the purpose of a no knock - and I also understand when they go wrong how innocent people can die and because of that, I don't see it worth it I just don't.

From 2010 through 2016, at least 81 civilians and 13 officers died during SWAT raids, including 31 civilians and eight officers during execution of no-knock warrants.[2] Half of the civilians killed were members of a minority.[2] Of those subject to SWAT search warrants, 42% are black and 12% are Hispanic.[2] Since 2011, at least seven federal lawsuits against officers executing no-knock warrants have been settled for over $1 million.[2]

now knowing that do we REALLY need them?

Kentucky's Senator Rand Paul introduced the Justice for Breonna Taylor Act, which would prohibit federal law enforcement from carrying out a warrant "until after the officer provides notice of his or her authority and purpose." It would also apply to state and local law enforcement that receive funding from the Justice Department.[52]

On June 10 the Louisville city council voted unanimously to ban no-knock search warrants. The law is called Breonna's Law and requires all officers who serve warrants to wear body cameras and have them turned on from at least five minutes before the warrant is served to at least five minutes after.[53]

21 - 32 of 32 Posts