What Would He Score?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by coonnutz, Dec 27, 2010.

1. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Yesterday when I was visiting the inlaws in NEA I was talking to my wife's grand dad and he was telling me about this monster buck he killed 3 years ago said it is a 20 point, but he never had it scored. I had him take a few pics and send them to me, the quality isn't the greatest but I think you'll get general idea on how massive this thing is.

On one of the main beams the antlers have a cluster that looks like a gremlin, I'm serious:up:

Anyone have a ballpark on what this would score?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

Man! That does look like a Gremlin. Nice look'n rack.

3. I did not add up each and every sticker, I scored him as a main frame 8. I say about bout 115. he's short main beams and tines will hurt him. Great mass though!

4. gotyacovered

gotyacovered Well-Known Member

thats a good one... IMO it wouldnt really score that well. however! i would rather shoot a deer like that than one that would score better though. it is very unique, looks like the main beams are very tall and wide, but short. the overall tine length isnt very good and the mass is unbelievable... so i really dont know for sure, but either way thats a really good one.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  5. coonnutz

I know he sure is proud of that thing:up: Whenever I get back up there I'll go by his house and take some better pics of the horns:thumb:

6. Gemini2281

Gemini2281 Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>

I love unique racks like this. I would much rather take a non-typical with a lot of character than a symmetrical rack.

7. next time your at his house, forget the camera, pull that mount down off the wall and break out a tape measure, one of those used for sewing. :up:

8. coonnutz

That is also a very good idea:up: I wish I had more time yesterday to do it:smack:

9. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

I say either you or one of the trusted family members take it to get it scored UNLESS you or one of them know how to score it and get a decent guess of what he will score.

I have seen those clustered racks score higher than most would guess they would score. GET IT SCORED MAN!!! Oh, and please let us know what it scored..

10. coonnutz

How do you find someone to score it?

11. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

yes the tine length would hurt his score alot, but a buck like that who cares what he scores, he has great mass, width and is very unique

12. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

First, you could start by asking our members if there is anyone near your wife's grandfather's location who scores deer.

If not, there are usually "Big Buck Contests" locally or semi-local to where they will score the deer whether it wins their contests or not.

If all else fails there is always the world famous "Arkansas Deer Classic" in Little Rock every year.

I seriously would like to know what it will score.

13. coonnutz

I'll check with him to see if he'll let me take it somewhere to have it scored. I would really love to know as well..