Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I want to shoot a nice big fluffy coyote to do a full tube skin and tan. I've killed yotes incidentally while deer hunting in the past...but they have just been crappy mangey looking ones that I didn't want to keep. I shot them at landowner request or just to maybe save a turkey/fawn/someone's pet chickens.

I've now got a nice big fluffy one coming by one of my stand locations pretty regularly...mostly in the mornings (before daylight and up to 10AM). I'd really like to get this one if I can.

What would be your strategy? Would you get in the stand early before light and wait? Use a call? If so...without spending a bunch on an e-caller what are some good calling options/methods?
I've just never purposefully hunted for one.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
If you have a Bluetooth speaker, you can download apps with predator calls. I know it works because my call died one day and I used mine. My favorite time to call is daylight for maybe an hour and and hour before dark until dark

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
So...I want to shoot a nice big fluffy coyote to do a full tube skin and tan. I've killed yotes incidentally while deer hunting in the past...but they have just been crappy mangey looking ones that I didn't want to keep. I shot them at landowner request or just to maybe save a turkey/fawn/someone's pet chickens.

I've now got a nice big fluffy one coming by one of my stand locations pretty regularly...mostly in the mornings (before daylight and up to 10AM). I'd really like to get this one if I can.

What would be your strategy? Would you get in the stand early before light and wait? Use a call? If so...without spending a bunch on an e-caller what are some good calling options/methods?
What solution do you use for your tanning? I’ve been using pig brains but I don’t think it’s the best.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

This time of year I would get permission and find where a deer lease is dumping their carcass and set up on a cross wind. ( the coyotes will usually come in from down wind.
Then hunt about an hour before dark.
I know several people that do this just to keep the coyote numbers down. They have good success

1 - 14 of 14 Posts