Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it is the time of year when you think back on things and reflect a little. I was sitting at my desk and thinking about when a buddy and me first started hunting ducks. I was married he was single, he had waders mine were the disposable kind you can not buy anymore. Neither of us could afford shells so we did not shoot until their feet were down and back pedaling and neither of us had hunted ducks before. we were hunting on his uncles farm which is now the overflow head quarters. My how times have changed! What was your introduction to duck hunting?

· Registered
2,047 Posts
My first duck wasn't on my first trip. First trip I had canvas waders with a hole in them and trash bags on my legs to keep them dry. Busted ice going in only jacket I owned was a blue Jean jacket so I put a long sleeve t shirt over it for camo. I got wet liked to have froze and didn't even get a bird within 100yd. It was nearly ten years before I went again.

· Registered
374 Posts
Well momma was laid up on a log down in the bottoms. A cold dreary day it was, spitting snow and sleet. Here I came out of the woom in a 1248 tin can with a mega on the back. I walked over to peepaw and pulled a 100 year old cutdown olt off his neck. Didn't have waders when I was younger it was just me, peepaws olt, grandaddies A5, and 3 paper mâché decoys. I was around 10 minutes old when shooting time rolled around. We shot 73 that day... Been here ever since.

· Registered
571 Posts
My first hunt was on a farm pond that my buddies dad owned. Had no waders, borrowed a shotgun, knee boots and just sat down in the tall grass on the levee and we shot the heck outta the gadwall and a couple mallards. It was the coolest thing I had ever done and been hooked ever since.

· Registered
343 Posts
My first duck hunting trip was at Bayou Meto. I can still remember everything from the boat ride to all the greenheads lined up on the boat. I was 7 years old wearing a pair of canvas waders size 11. They were waist deep full of water by the time I was brought out of there. Loved every minute of it!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.