Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a new release just wondering what brand and type you might like the most and why. Also i see alot of competition shooters shooting the thumb style release does anyone hunt with one.?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'm going to hunt with a Carter Target 3 thumb release this year. That is if I don't buy a Chocolate Light before then.

If you want a wrist release the Scott Silverhorn is a great one that will maximize you draw length. The Carter Quickie 1+ is also a great release with the best/most adjustable trigger out there.

hd

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
I use a scotts sabretooth and love it. Its kinda like picking a bow that fits you. Try to shoot with as many as you can. Pick the one that fits your needs.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
I like the Scott little goose, 3 triggers come with it, one is a spring trigger that helps you practice a smooth release and not to "punch" the trigger. I agree that you should try to use several if possible and pick the one that you feel most comfortable with.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
I shoot with a Scott little bitty goose that has the nylon connection strap. No complaints. I did loose one of the 3 triggers that came with it. Called Scott and they got one in the mail ASAP to replace it. No charge. I'm a fan of great customer service, and will most likely shoot a Scott something or other from now on.

On a side note, it will work with a stick in the trigger hole. :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
My release is a t.r.u. ball release.
I was looking at releases from two or three brands and was having trouble making up my mind. Then I noticed God's Word on t.r.u. ball's packaging and since then I've been using, and quite pleased with, t.r.u. ball's tornado wrist strap release.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Scott Little Bitty Goose with Nylon strap. Have a couple other Scotts I really like as well. I've shot with a bunch of releases and am yet to find one as smooth as the Scotts.

·
Member<br>'08 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner<br>'
606 Posts
i shoot a bracklyn relaese, i like it cause it has a hair trigger. i've had it about 10 years and hadn't failed me yet. i also have a scott for a backup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.